Chapter 4: Red's Secret

Astrid

I woke up as before the sun rose. I wanted to do some practice on my axe throwing. I spotted some trees and I saw a dragon in pain. "Whoa, That's a Deadly Nadder! What is it doing here in this isle?" I asked. Red came by and sees the dragon. "Poor thing. I need to help it nurse it back to health." She runs towards the dragon without thinking, Toothless immediately caught her! "Hey, what was that for?" She asks the Night Fury. I replied, "You weren't thinking straight. Training a wild dragon, you have to be patient and gain it's trust." "Gain it's trust?" She asks me with confusion. "Yeah, First thing about being a trainer is learning that Training first and ends with Trust. Hic taught us that." She suddenly laughs, "That does sound like him to me. It sounds like he hasn't changed one bit." "What you mean?" "You wouldn't believe me if I told you." I was confused.

Red

Astrid seemed clueless of who I was. We were kids then, but I was taken by a dragon and left me for dead. For these past three years I've been in this isle and now Astrid tells me that Berk actually trains dragons seems to good to be true. When she told me about how to train a dragon and how Hic taught it, I knew immediately that things haven't changed. "That does sound like him to me. It sounds like he hasn't changed one bit." She looks at me with confusion. "What you mean?" I said, "You wouldn't believe me if I told you." I replied. She was silent for a moment and then said, "Just tell me, Red." I sighed and shown her the bracelet she had given to me as we were kids. It took her a while to settle it in and she looks directly at me. "Oh, my Thor, Red, it's really you!" I smiled at my old friend and I said, "Took you long enough to realize who I was. I was actually thinking you might forgotten about me." Astrid blushes, "Sorry, Red.It's just... it's been three years." "I know. I'm so sorry that I kept my identity as a secret from you. So, you and Hiccup huh? Are you a thing now?" She backs up with heisant and I smiled. I knew those two were meant to be with one other. "Astrid, life's too short. You have to express your feelings. You have to tell him. Besides, you two are perfect."  Astrid said, "Gee, uh, thanks?" I smiled, "No problem. Now, what in the name of Thor is going on?" "Hiccup is captured by Viggo and his Dragon Hunters. I'm going to rescue him." I was speechless. "Wait, you? Astrid, it's way too dangerous for you to go by yourself! You need backup." Astrid said, "Red, I really have to do this. Hiccup risked his life trying to save me. Now it's my turn to return the favor." I see the dertmination in her eyes and I knew there's no point of stopping her. "Astrid, I'm going with you. Teach me to ride a dragon." She was surprised of my request. "Are you sure?" "Postive."

Astrid

I still can't believe the girl I met is my childhood friend, Red! She grown up, but just like all of the teens of Berk, we all grown up. I helped her trained the wounded Nadder and she names it, "Beauty." Beauty is ready to go as her Rider. I sighed as I climbed into Toothless's saddle. "Now, Red, this is your first mission. Are you really sure about being a Rider?" I asked the Viking. She seems annoyed at the question. "Astrid, are you really asking me this question? Of course I'm ready. Now, what's the plan of rescuing Hiccup?" She asks me. I said, shrugging, "Honestly, I um haven't thought of it but I guess we'll wing it as we go along." Red sighs, "Sometimes, I wonder how is it possible we're friends." We laughed at the comment. "I'm glad we found one other, Red." She smiles, "Me too. Now let's go. The sooner we leave, the better chance Hiccup would be fine." I nodded at the statement and we flew our of the isle with the dragons. We begin to search for Viggo. I saw a Terror and I signaled Red to follow it. "So, my theory is we are going to follow that Terror who has the paper in his claws and we're going to follow it to find Hiccup!" I smirk as if it was my plan all along. Red complimented, "Nice work."

Author's note: What you think of Red getting a Nadder? Can Astrid and Red find Hiccup? Find out soon!