Chapter 23: Astrid tells her secret about her family

Astrid

Man, I knew that I have to get all of the villagers out before the Hunters come here. "We have to leave, now." I told them. A girl about my age said, nervously, "Going outside the village is forbidden to us. We never go out there, Astrid." I pointed to the ship towards us, "Those are Dragon Hunters, they are terrible people. They tried to kill one of my best friends and I was scared of not seeing him again." The girl said, in awe, "You were scared? I thought that you were fearless, just like Idun." "Well, not all the time." I admitted, "But I'm not afraid. I got my own dragon I named, "Stormfly and she and I are best friends too. You can trust me, uh..." "Alexis." She introduced herself. I thought of what my mom told me to transform. I said, "I know where we can go. Just transform and follow me." Alexis nods and transform into a Deadly Nadder. I admired her scales and it made me wonder of how long she been doing it for three years. As I was about to transform, a blast came out. I turned to see Toothless. As Alexis was about to shoot him, I unleashed my spikes to block her.  "Alexis, no! That's my friend. "He's a Night Fury, a wild one, Astrid, he might hurt you!" "No, he wouldn't, unless Hiccup said so." "Hiccup?" "Well, he's my boyfriend." 

Hiccup

I saw Astrid and she was trying to calm down a Nadder? She wasn't speaking in Norse and she did something weird, she uses spikes to surround the Nadder to calm down. The Nadder looks at her and then finally calms down. "Astrid!" I yelled. She was relieved to see me. "Hic! I'm sorry that I worried you. So how things with Stoick?" "Fine, but what happened to you?!? You are ok?" "Fine, but we need to get them to Dragon's Edge before they come." "They?" I questioned her. She points to the ships ahead and I quickly realize that they were Dragon Hunters. "Great! What's next?" Astrid turns to a Nadder?!? She was shy and kinda embarrassed. I guess that she didn't know what to do. Red saw us and said, "There you are! We been looking for you." I turned to my sister, "What you doing here?" She puts her hands into her waist, "You, apparently. You just had to find Ast-Hey, what's going on here?" I explained quickly as possible and she said, kinda understanding, "Oh. I think I get it. Snoutlout and I will meet you at Dragon's Edge while we distract the Hunters." "Don't do anything stupid." "Oh, I think we would, bro. See you later." She rode on Beauty and we headed to the Edge. As the sun sets, Astrid and the villagers transforms back into humans. "This is weird." Tuff nut said. Astrid asks, "Is everyone ok?" A girl about our age said, "Yea, I think so. Uh!" Astrid spots her wound. "Oh, that's from my spikes, isn't? Sorry about that, Alexis." She smiles, "It was just an accident, Astrid. You were just shock of your dragon self, Trust me, when I first discovered I'm a Hybrid, Idun and the other kids tried to calm me down for three weeks." Hybrids? What did Alexis meant by that? Astrid sees my confusion. "I think we need to talk." She replies.

Astrid

I was kinda embarrassed of that I was a Hybrid and not telling Hiccup and the others was the right thing to do. "Astrid, what is this about? Who are they?" Hic asks me with concern and worried. "It's all right. They are kinda like us, sort of. They are Hybrids, which is half-dragon, half human. It's their first time being outside of their village." I explained. Fish legs asks, "How come we never knew about them in the first place?" "Because of my mother, she's their Chief." I blurt out. Oh, that's great, Astrid, blurt out the first thing that pops out of your mouth of your family heritage? "Idun Hofferson?" Hiccup said in disbelief, "No, that's impossible, Astrid. She's dead, like.. my mom." I knew talking about his own mother is a touchy subject. "My mom is the one who kidnapped me from Berk, Hiccup." Red said, scratching her head, "Why would she do that? She would've send someone to kidnap you, Astrid." Alexis said, "That would be me. Idun sent me to Berk to spread that sleeping gas back at your killing area." "It's Berk Dragon Academy. We learn every species of Dragons and defend ourselves." Heather explains. I looked down and said, "I am telling you the truth! If you don't believe me, I'm going back to the village." I jumped out of the clubhouse and Hiccup and Toothless went after me! I quickly thought of my dragon self and I flew.

Hiccup

Astrid is a dragon! I saw her as a Nadder and she looks beautiful. As she flew back, she lands and transform back to her human self. "Mom, where are you?" She yells. Toothless and I hid behind a rock, observing her. I was worried about her until I saw a big dragon with beautiful blue scales. She grins as she notices Astrid. Astrid said, "Mom, is that-" I saw a hooded figure jump out of the dragon, as a Dragon Rider! "Yeah, this is my dragon, Linda. Linda, this is Astrid." "She's beautiful. What type of dragon is she?" Astrid asks, curiously. "She's one of the Mystery class dragon. I think you might know which by looking closer on her scales." She did as I do and I gasped. Linda is a... "A Skrill?!? Mom, that's incredible! I know it is dangerous to even train one, but I guess I was wrong. My mom has a Skrill. Wait till Stoick finds out about this." Astrid laughs. "Stoick can't know, Astrid. He wouldn't change. He still hates dragons." "That's not true!" I yelled, coming out of my hiding place. "Hiccup?!?" Astrid said in disbelief, "What you doing here?" "I'm so sorry I didn't believe you, Astrid." I replied to the stunned Viking, "I was worried and so was the Riders-" She ran and kisses me on the lips.

Idun

Who is that boy, and why he has a Night Fury? It doesn't add up. The boy and Astrid stops the kiss and he touches her cheek, "Don't wonder off again, Milady." Astrid blushes, "Oh, Hic." Then she remembers that I'm there. "Oops, I guess that I forgot to introduce you probably. Mum, this is Stoick's son, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the third." I was in utter shock. This can't be Hiccup, it can't be. "You're really Hiccup?" He nods with a smile. "Yeah, I am, Idun. This is my dragon, Toothless." "I thought that Night Furies were not real." I said in awe. Astrid winks, "No, mom, they are real, just like us Hybrids, although, you could've told me that we were Hybrids three years ago." I rubbed my head in embarrassment, "Yeah, I guess you do have a point." Hic turns to Astrid, "Hey, Astrid, we should head back to Dragon's Edge, Red and the others are worried." She nods, "I guess you're right." I blink in confusion, "Dragon's Edge?" "We'll show you." Astrid said, excited. "Lead the way!" I said. We flew back to an isle where Dragons lived in peace. "Whoa." I said. Hiccup said, smiling, "Idun, welcome to the Edge."

Author's note: What you guys think of this chapter? Find out what happens soon! - Jan