Chapter 10: Sacrifices

Red

I burst into Astrid's hut and I saw my two childhood best friends talking to one other. I panted, "Dragon Hunters. Here." Hiccup seems alarmed and said, "We need to move, now!" He grabs Astrid's hand and I smirk as they went past me. Heather said, "Why were they here, in the Edge?" I was wondering about that myself. Hiccup said, "I was meaning to tell you guys that the Hunters were planning to attack the Edge." Astrid looks at him with a stern look, "Now you decided to tell us that?!? Great." She hops on Toothless and flew towards the ships! "Astrid!" I cried as she flew off. Heather sighs, "That's Astrid for ya." Hiccup said, "We have to stop her before things get worse." Tuffnut said, "Like that's going to happen." I rolled my eyes at the Viking and Hiccup and I hopped into Beauty's saddle and we flew after our friend. I was wondering what they were talking about earlier before I came in. "So, Hiccup, what were you and Astrid talking about back there before I came in?" Hiccup began to grew nervous. "Uh, it's nothing you need to worry about, Red." I crossed my arms. "Hm..." "What I say?" He asks me.

Astrid

I can't lose Hiccup again, no doubt about it, since I find out that Hiccup actually loves me, I knew that I wanted him to be safe. I flew Toothless to Viggo. "Viggo!" I cried. He turns to see me with the Night Fury. "Ah, Astrid. What brings you here?" I said, "Enough with the smart talk, Viggo. If you want Hiccup, I'll make a deal with you. Are you interested?" The Dragon Hunter said, "Leave the Night Fury behind. I don't want to do business with it." I motioned Toothless to set me down. He agrees willingly and left me with Viggo. "So, what you want?" He asks. I took a deep breath and told him what to do.

Hiccup

We flew as fast we can and there she was, Astrid, all tied up! "Astrid!" I yelled, horrified, of her condition. Astrid signals Toothless to fire at us! "Toothless, w-what are you doing, bud?" I asked the Night Fury. He knows something that I don't and he pushes Beauty away from the boat. "Red, we have to save Astrid." I told her. Red took one look at Astrid and said, "No." "But-" I began, but she argued, "If we attack now, Astrid would be not safe. Just think about this carefully." I looked at Viggo who was grinning with happiness. "Fine!" I yelled, jumping from Beauty's saddle to Toothless. We flew off from the ship. I failed.

Astrid

I looked at Red and I signaled her that I have a plan, a secret plan that only she would know about. She understands and waited for me in the darkness. As I waited for Red and Beauty, I wore different clothes, making me a Dragon Hunter. She approaches with Beauty, we embraced in a hug. "I knew it was a difficult choice." I said. Red said, "Well, Hiccup is distraught right now, but I will try to come to his senses. So, what's this about anyway?" "The truth is, I made a deal with Viggo, in exchange for the Dragon Eye." "What? Astrid-" "In order to had to happen, I had to pretend to switch sides for the time being. Can you promise me not to say anything? It's our best chance to take the Hunters down, in the inside!" "But I never lied to Hiccup before." She said, scared. "I know, but it's the best plan I can come up with. Trust me, I'll be fine." "I hope so. I'll better get back to the Edge before anyone gets curious of where I've gone off to." "Yeah, Ryker will try to track me down." I replied. As I was about to leave, Red said, "Astrid?" I turned to my friend, "See you soon and be careful." I nodded and disappeared.

Author's note: What you guys think of this chapter? What will Hiccup reacts to this? Find out soon! - Jan