Chapter 9: Hiccup shows Astrid his scar

Hiccup

Wait, I am hearing this right? Astrid Fearless Hofferson, the girl I had a crush on for the last three years rode on Toothless, a Night Fury?!? I said in awe and utter shock, "Wait, YOU RODE HIM?!?" She was rubbing her hands and said, stuttering, "Uh... Y-yes." I looked into her eyes and said, "How did you-" Astrid puts her hands in her waist, "I seen you done it all the time, Hiccup. It's not that hard." I blushed furiously, "Oh..." She suddenly laughs, "I can't believe you didn't know about that. You were the one who showed me Toothless, Remember?" I nodded at the memory. Then I noticed her leg. It was bandaged and she was feeling ok with it. I asked, changing the subject, "What happened to your leg?" She looks at it, and said, "Oh, this? I got it while I was saving you, no biggie." I asked, raising an eyebrow, " 'No biggie' ? Astrid, you got yourself hurt because of me! I couldn't let you take chance of getting hurt." She said, "Hiccup, I'm fine! It's just an arrow shot, and your back... I see it bleeding." I realized I haven't told her about the whipping. "Lay down, Hiccup." She said. I sighed as I laid down in her bed and removed my tunic. When she came back with the wet cloth, she was in utter shock.

Astrid

I saw the whip scar on his back and Hiccup said, "I am sorry that I didn't tell you this." I sat next to him, dripping the cloth, "You could've told me, Hiccup. I can keep a secret, you know that." He said, "I know, but at what cost? Viggo wouldn't stop until he gets what he got. Astrid, you had to get away from here. I don't want you to get hurt." I said, "Hic, I'm not afraid of him, either should you. You always have a plan, no matter what happens. That's one of the things I know about you." I dapped the cloth into the wound, he grunts with pain. "Sorry, I didn't realize that it would hurt you that much. I'll be gentle." After I cleaned his wound, I made stitches. When it was done,  I handed him back his tunic. "Thanks." He said as he puts it on. I replied, "N-No problem, Hiccup." As I looked into his eyes, something I did was nothing that Hiccup didn't expect. I pulled him closer to me and I kissed him.

Hiccup

Woah. Where did this come from? I know I loved her, but I didn't realize that she loves me as well. As we pulled apart, she was twirling her hair in embarrassment. "Uh..." She says, trying to make a word. I smiled. "So, all this time... you loved me, before we made peace with the Dragons?" She got her courage to speak, "No, I love you since the flight with Toothless, that first date. I'm sorry, I should've to-" As she was stammering, Red came bursting in. "Dragon Hunters. Here." I realized I haven't told them about the ambush. "We have to move fast." I said. I grabbed Astrid's hand and ran to find the other Riders.

Author's Note: What you think of this Hiccstrid moment? What will happen next? Find out soon!