Chapter 13: Hiccup talks to Red

Hiccup

I walked to Red's hut early. I been thinking of how should I say to her. She been through a lot these past three years and I got to admit, seeing my best friend again is something I need to get used to. As I about to knock on her door, she opens it widely and she was in total shock about my visit to her hut. "Hiccup!" She yells in total shock, "W-What you doing here?" I said, sheepishly, "Uh, we need to talk." She immediately understood.

Red

I was in totally shock to see Hic. I thought that he would still be mad at me of not telling him the truth about Astrid. He said, sheepishly, "Uh, we need to talk." I knew it was about what Toothless and I did and I began, "Hiccup, listen. I um,-" He said, smiling, "I forgive you." I was in total awe of what he said. "Really? I thought that you would be still mad at Toothless and me for keeping Astrid's double life a secret from you and the other Riders." "I was, but Heather knocked some sense into me. Red, I'm not mad at you anymore. I am glad you knew the truth all along." "Really? Thanks, Hiccup." He smiles at me with a grin and suddenly, an arrow mail came through. "Whoa. Is that a-" He asks me with a awe look on his face. I immediately grabbed the arrow and got the letter. "It's from Astrid." I said, concerned. "What does it say?" He asks, concerned as well. "It says that we need to meet. Tonight. I'm going." Hiccup said, "Let me come with you." "Hiccup." I said. But he said, "Red, you don't have to do this alone too." I sighed as I knew there is no way I can change his mind, even I wanted to. "Ok. Just be careful." I said, giving up.

Astrid

I waited for Beauty and Red. I hope that she is all right from that attack. I quickly learn where the Hunters would strike next, and it's not good. I saw two familiar dragons coming in for a landing. It was Beauty and... Toothless?!? If Toothless is here, that could meant one person would be riding him. "Hiccup?" I asked with utter shock. Red rubbed her head in embarrassment. "Sorry, Astrid. I already told the Riders about it. I tried to let Hic come along, but you know him as well as I do, he'll never listen." Hiccup looks at her, "Hey! What is that supposed to mean?" She laughs but then look serious. "So, why you sent us here? Is it bad news?" "Unfortunately, yes. There's another Dragon fighting tomorrow and get this, they being held in a new isle. I haven't figured out what type of dragon been held captive so, be careful. Here's the map that will help you and the other Riders find us." "We'll be careful, don't worry about it." Red reassures me. "I know about you will handle it, but I'm more worried about you, Hiccup. Please don't do something very crazy." "Why? I'll be fine." I rolled my eyes at him. He pulls me close and kissed me. "I missed you." "So do I, Hic. I'll be back with you soon. I promise." I climbed into Stormfly's back and flew from the Riders.

Author's note: What you think will happen next? Will Hiccup and the Riders will stop Viggo, or is there a trap? Find out soon!  - Jan