Chapter 11: Hiccup discovers the truth

Red

It had been a week since I met up with Astrid. She gave me information of where the Hunters would strike and it helped us a lot. "Man, It's not easy of keeping secret from the gang, isn't?" I ask Toothless. The Night Fury nods, and nudges my head in comfort. "Thanks, Bud. I knew that you would always cheer me up when I'm down." As if right on cue, an arrow came thru. I knew immediately it was from Astrid, it was our way to give letters to each other so no one would be think anything is strange. I opened the letter, "Red, we need to talk. It's urgent. - ASTRID"  I  was shocked. It could be serious. I looked at Toothless and I flew right away.

Hiccup

It is been weird this past week, the Hunters attacked and we got them where they were going. It felt like it happened before, when Heather pretended to switch sides. Heather said, "Hiccup. What's on your mind?" "It's strange. Astrid is captured, Red and Toothless acting strange." Heather laughs, "Toothless is always strange. Red is just a new Rider." I shook my head, "No, this is serious. Red, I known her since childhood, before she was stranded in that isle." Heather said, "Well, I guess you're-" Fishlegs said, bursting in, "Red's gone!" We looked at one other and went to find her. She's up to something and I need to find out what. We flew to one place was too familiar. "Outcast Isle." Heather said in utter shock. I asked, "Why would Red go there? It's not like her." Suddenly I got my answer. There were Dragons fighting one other. "Dragon Fighting." Fishlegs said, horrified of the situation. "We have to find Red in there, and fast." I yelled.

Astrid 

Dragon Fighting. Uh, the nerve of it. I swear that Viggo wanted this so Hiccup would come and we would attack. As right on cue, Toothless and Red came and I waved at them. "Astrid, I got the message. What's happening?" "Dragon Fighting, and Hiccup is walking into a trap." I explained. Red rolls her eyes as if this is quite oblivious and dumb. "Well, this not going to be easy, isn't?" She asks me. I said, "Nothing we do is never easy, Red. You have to find Hiccup and convince him to not come here while I will distract Ryker and his men from attacking you guys." She looks away from me. "What is it?" I asked her. Red replied, "We should tell Hiccup what we're doing. This doesn't feel right to me, Astrid." I shook my head, "No, we agreed not to say anything, remember?" "But Hiccup, he can really help us a lot. You know that he's good at this sort of thing." I replied, "And he cares too much. Red, you and I both know if he finds out that I pretended to switch sides to get the Dragon Eye and spying on the Hunters, he'll try to get me out of there." She said, "I know that-" I said, "I'm this close of getting Viggo's trust. I can't quit now." She sighs, "If you got hurt, or the other Riders get hurt, because I held something back-" "Nothing would go wrong. Trust me." I reassured her.

Hiccup

We went to find Red. The dragon Fighting was indeed horrifying but I knew we need to escape with them. The guards saw us and said, "Fire!" Arrows were fired by the Archers including a girl who looks different than the others. "Hiccup, we need to regroup." Fishlegs suggested. "No, we need to find Red and Astrid!" As an arrow came towards Beauty and me, a familiar blast burst into pieces. It was Toothless, and I couldn't believe who was riding him. It was Red! "Great shot, Toothless, now barrel roll, multiple blast on the cages!" The Night Fury did as instructed as the gang was in total awe of how Toothless and Red were in totally in sync. "Hiccup, did I see what I think I saw?" Heather asks. I nodded. "Toothless." I muttered. They came up to me and Red asks, "What in the name of Thor you doing here?!? It's a trap!" A trap? "How did you know that?" I asked her. She was silent for a moment then changed the subject. "Never mind how I knew that, Hic. Right now, we need to get all these wild dragons out of here!" Toothless blasts the cages and the dragons were freed. There's one person I wanted to settle the score with. I saw Ryker with the same girl. "Ryker! It looks like you're out of luck this time!" The girl scoops Ryker with her own dragon, "Sorry,  Hiccup, we have to go." Beauty and I went after them. Ryker was shooting arrows at us and we missed them. Ryker asks the girl, "Can this thing go any faster?" "It's not that easy as it is, Ryker. She's not used to type of speed." She replies, rolling her eyes. "Excuses." I said, "Beauty, let's fire at them." But as I was about to, Toothless covered his wing to block our way! "Toothless, move bud!" I flew after and Red yelled, "Hiccup, no!" As I was about to order Beauty to shoot them down, Red bursts, "That's Astrid! She's with us!" I pulled back and looked at her with anger. "What you just say?" She looks embarrassed.

Author's note: What you think would happen next? Find out soon! - Jan