Chapter 23: Astrid's Missing?!?

Hiccup

Dad was looking at me nervously. "Hiccup... I-" I cut him off, "You were drunk?!? Dad, I can't believe you! Red told me about it." Dad said, blushing, "Hiccup, I didn't mean to make you or your sister embarrassed." "I still can't believe that Red is actually my sister, it's going to be weird now that everyone knows." Dad asks, "So, where were you last night?" Suddenly, I started to blush furiously. "It-It's nothing to be concerned, Dad." I stammered. As he was about to ask me more questions, Tuff came in. "Tuffnut!" I said in total relief, "Dad, I'm going to check on the other Riders. See ya!" We rushed off without saying a word. I turned to him, "Thanks, Tuff. My dad is starting to make me nervous. What's the matter?" He didn't say a word, like he had seen a ghost or something. I knew in that moment that something is indeed wrong. 

Red

I started to panic. Astrid is nowhere to be seen. Dagur said, "Astrid is tough, Red, she'll be fine." "It's not her I'm worried about." I replied, "It's Hiccup. If he finds out that Astrid is missing, he wouldn't stop looking for her." Snoutlout comforts me in a tight hug. "Thanks." I said. Hiccup came in and I knew it's not worth hiding it. "What happened?" He asks, seriously. "I-I really don't know. We were hanging out until this gas came out of nowhere and drift us to sleep. When we awoke, Astrid was gone!" I explained. Hiccup immediately mounted on Toothless and went off. "And this is what I got for having Hiccup as my brother." Heather said, "Speaking of which, why is he here?!?" I told her what happened and she didn't believe me. "Yeah, right! Dagur is evil, he'll never change!" She replied as she went after Hiccup on Windshear. Snoutlout looks at me, "Should we go after them?" I said, "Yep. Who knows what Astrid would be right now." 

Astrid

I woke up in a bed. "Where am I?" I mumbled. Stormfly was nowhere to be seen. "Hello, dear." A woman said. I saw her and I couldn't believe it. "Mum?" I asked. Mum died when I was very young and it was hard for me and my father. "It's been a long time. I'm sorry that I took you from Berk, but we need to talk." I said, "Really?!? After all this time, you abandoned your family! I wanted this for so long..." Suddenly, I hear Dragons and people. My mom gestures me to follow her lead. I did and I couldn't believe my eyes. It was exactly like home... with new Dragons I never seen before! Man, Hiccup wouldn't believe his eyes if he seen this! "This is what you been doing past three years?" I asked in awe. "Yes, but it's not that easy. Most of these are hybrids." "Hybrids?" I asked. "Half-dragon, half human. They're rare special vikings. They are afraid of the outside world, Astrid. I need your help." "Me?  Why?" I asked. "Well, you are a Hybrid yourself. It's our family heritage. It skips a generation." I couldn't believe it. I'm a hybrid. "Why I didn't know sooner? Why Dad or you didn't tell me that I'm a Hybrid?" "You weren't old enough. It's easy to transform. Just think of your inner dragon and you will be transformed into that Dragon. I guess you were late boomer, dear. I'm sure you will unlock it." I muttered, "Gee, thanks for the encouragement , Mum." Suddenly an familiar ship came. "Hunters." I said, "We need to leave now!" Everyone was in panic and I couldn't stand it and suddenly I got irate, "Let's go!" A spike tail came out of me and I was in shock. "Well, at least I know I'm Hybrid." I said, trying to remain calm of what just happened. "Hiccup, where are you when I need you?" I thought.

Author's note : What you think of this plot twist? What will Astrid do? Find out soon! - Jan