Chapter 18: Hiccup explains to Red

Astrid

Rebecca? Who is Rebecca? Hiccup realizes his mistake and clamps his mouth. "So, that's her name. Rebecca. Shoot her down." "No!" Hiccup yells. Red dodge the arrows and turned to us. "So, what's the plan, Red?" I asked. She looks down where Hic was held captive. "Beauty and I need to get closer to Hiccup." She explains. Snoutlout said, "Leave that to me." Red calls, "Snoutlout, wait!" But he didn't listen as usual. I groaned, annoyed of his disobedience, " I still don't understand what you see in him, Red." Red flew towards Hookfang and went to Snoutlout's side.

Red

I still don't understand. Why did Hiccup called me, "Rebecca." I flew to Snoutlout. I smacked my boyfriend in the head. "Snoutlout, you didn't let me finish explaining the plan back there! What in the name of Thor were you thinking?!?" He blushes in embarrassment. "Sorry about that, Red. I guess that I wanted to do it so quickly as possible that I thought I would prove to Hiccup that I can handle things my own way." I thought about what he meant. He is trying to prove to him that he can handle any mission. "All right, Snoutlout. I know you want to do this in your way, but I really think we should work together as a team." He understands so quickly and said, "I'll make a distraction long enough for you and Beauty to land onto the Bridge and rescue Hiccup and Toothless." I smiled at the Viking and said, "Sounds like a plan to me." I was about to fly into the ship, Snoutlout stops me for a moment and gave me a peck on the cheek. "Please be careful, Red. I don't want to lose you." I said, reassuring him, "Snoutlout, I'll be fine. Don't worry about me." I jumped off Beauty and Hiccup was holding onto the bars. "Get out of here, it's a trap!" He yells. I said, "No, I'm not leaving you here. Beauty, Spine shot!" The Nadder did as instructed and the Hunters backed off. I run towards the cage. "You guys all right?" Hiccup said, "You're quite remarkable you know that right?" I giggled, "I know. Now stand back." Beauty uses her fire to get them free but it didn't work! "What the-" I asked but then with quick realization I knew why. "Dragon-proof cage?" Ryker laughs, "Ha! You honestly think that you could rescue him so easily?" I glared at the Hunter. Then I looked at my surrounds and I thought of an insane idea! "Snoutlout, blast the sails!" He said, in total shock, "Are you insane?!?" "Just trust me, Snoutlout!" I replied.

Snoutlout

Ok, this is starting to freak me out. Red is asking me to blast the sails? Why would she want that to happen?  I asked, total shock of what she said, "Are you insane?" She replies, "Just trust me, Snoutlout!" I looked at her and then the sails. Then suddenly it all makes sense. She wanted to knock the cage lock with burned wood! "Hookfang, do it!" The Nightmare did it as instructed and the whole ship was on fire! "Red, hurry!" I said, worried that she and Hiccup wouldn't get out of there in time. There was darkness and couldn't see a thing. Astrid said, "Snoutlout what happened here?" I don't have any explanation for it.

Hiccup

I cough through the smoke. I couldn't see my sister anywhere. Then I heard her, "Hic, hang on!" She banged the lock and Toothless and I got out of the cage. I coughed, "You shouldn't gone after me." She replies, "You would've done the same for me, now, let's go back to the Edge before this ship expl-" "Red, there's something you need to know! My dad told me something before I left Berk." She looks at me with curious eyes. "What is it, Hiccup? Did Stoick wanted to see me?" I said, "You are the the next Heir of Berk. The real reason I called you, "Rebecca" ... That's your real name. Rebecca Alana Haddock... my long lost sister." She steps back, "Rebecca..." I said, touching her. "We're siblings? Hic, that's impossible." "Believe me, it's true. When Dad told me... I um need time to be alone before this happened." "Oh." Suddenly She was tipped off the ship! "Rebecca!" I yelled. I dived into the water to save her from drowning. She was out cold as I held her into my arms. "Rebecca, Red!" I yelled, scared of loosing my best friend. "T-Thanks, bro." She said. I hugged her tightly, "Oh, thank Thor." We head to the Edge and gave her warm clothes. "Here. These would keep you warm until your clothes dried off." I said. "Thanks," She said. Snoutlout said, holding her hand, "You really scared me back there." She laughs, "I told you that there is nothing to fear about." Snoutlout rubbed his head, "Guess you're right." As I was smiling at the couple, Astrid pulls me aside. "What?" I asked her. She glares at me, "HICCUP HORREDOUS HADDOCK THE THIRD, you better start explaining what in the name of Thor happened out there?" I blushed with redness. 

Author's note: What you guys think of this chapter? What will Astrid's reaction would be? Find out soon! - Jan