Chapter 14: Red gets captured

Hiccup

We went back to the Edge and Red and I told the other Riders what Astrid had told us. Heather looks at me with a worried look. "Hiccup, this is more dangerous than we realize." I said, "I know, Heather. But we have to try." Red said, "Hiccup, I say we should get her out of there. It's way too dangerous for her now." I said, patting Toothless, "I wanted to get her out since she pretended to switch sides, Red. But someone convinced me to let her stay." "This is different. She's my best friend, Hic." Red said. I said, "I know Astrid. She wouldn't like it if we worried about her, besides, would she even listen to us if we tried to pull her out of there right away?" Red was silent and I said, "Exactly, she'll never believe us. We just have to have faith in her."

Red

I guess Hic is right. I just have faith in her. Besides this is Astrid we're talking about here! She's the toughest Viking I know. She always have plan, just like Hiccup. We flew towards the place and Heather shivers. "This place is giving me the creeps." Snoutlout said, "Don't try to convince me, Heather, I agree this place is definitely creepy. Hiccup said, "All right, let's get inside." We were walking through the area until a voice said, "Hello, Hiccup." I gulped in fear. We turned to see who was talking and it was no other than Viggo Grimborn.

Hiccup

Great, this isn't what I've had in mind. Viggo claps, "I'm glad you were able to join us." Arrows surrounds us and I saw Astrid, with one look, she signaled me to duck. "Guys move now!" She unleashed an arrow straight up and hit the lights. "Astrid!" I called into the darkness. I felt a hand and I knew it was Astrid's. "You ok?" She asks me. I grinned, "Never better. Let's get out of here." Toothless lit the way and we flew out of the trap. Astrid said, trembling, "H-Hiccup. I'm so sorry. I didn't know it was all a trap!" I held her close. "Sh. It's not your fault. You didn't know this would happen." She smiles at me, "Thanks, Hic. Let's go-" Snoutlout interrupts us, "Uh, Where is Red?" With a jolt of my stupidity, I realized that she was captured by the Hunters.

Astrid

Man, I'm such an idiot. "We have to get her!" I said, but Hiccup holds me back. "Astrid, we'll save her, but we have to regroup and think of a plan. If we act now, she would be hurt." I groaned, frustrated at what I've done and we flew to the Edge. I went to my hut and slam my arrow and my bow into the table. Stormfly looks at me with worry. "Stormfly, it's all my fault that Red is captured by the Hunters. If I was aware of the situation, none of this would've happened." I said to the Nadder. As she was comforting me, Snoutlout came in. "Snoutlout? What you doing here?" I asked him. He looks at me, "Astrid, it's not your fault you know." I said, "It should've been. If I known..." "Astrid, Red is a headstrong Viking. She can handle anything. Just like you and Hiccup." I was in total shock of what he had said. "Snoutlout..." I said. "I'm serious. She will fight for us. There's no possible way she'll tell Viggo or his Hunters anything." That's when I realize something. Snoutlout and Red liked each other! "You loved her, don't you?" I asked, smiling. He stammers, "I... I don't know what you're talking about, Astrid." "C'mon! It took Hiccup three whole years to confess to me that he loves me! Don't make the same mistake as he did. Tell her how you feel." Snoutlout asks, "A-Are you sure?" "Positive." I said.

Author's note: Here's the chapter I promised! What you think will happen to Red? Will Snoutlout confess his feelings to Red? Find out soon! - Jan