Chapter 17: Family Origins

Hiccup

I still don't get it of why Astrid pulled me away from Red and Snoutlout. "Hey! What was that about, Astrid?" I asked the Viking as we headed into the stables to get Toothless out for a date. "Hiccup, don't you see? Red and Snoutlout loved each other." I was in total shocked when I heard it. "What?!? Red loves Snoutlout? Since when?" I asked. Astrid puts her hand into her waist, "Hiccup, it was simple. It kind of reminds me of us." "Really?" She nods, and said, "Hic, I love you and you love me. We'll never be apart, right?" "Yeah, you're right, Milady." " What you call me, Hic?" She asks.  "Milady." What you don't like it?" She giggles, "I love it." As I was about to kiss her, a Terror mail came in. "Who is from?" Astrid asks curiously. "It's from my father. He wants to talk to me. Alone. Sorry about this, Astrid." I apologized. "Hey, he's your dad, and also the Chief. What you going to do about it?" I smiled at her and went to Berk, wondering what could be so important than having a date with Astrid.

Stoick

I paced around waiting for Hiccup. I learnt something that would change our lives forever. I heard Hiccup burst into the house. "Dad! What's so important that you want to see me for?" He asks me. I sighed. "Hiccup, there's something you need to know... but you might have to sit down for this." He was confused of why I suggested it, but he did it anyway. "Son, you know that you were the only heir to the throne of Berk, right?" He nods, "Yeah, I know that, Dad. Everyone in the whole village know that. Why?" I took a deep breath, "Well, I discovered it wasn't that true, Son. It turns out there is someone in our family origins that has that title." He looked surprised. "Are you trying to tell me that there's another Haddock out there?" He said. I nodded with his shock. "Yes, but there's something else. It's a girl, meaning that she is your sister." He sat down, trying to adjust the situation. "So, I have a sister I never knew existed and she's after me. What's her name?" "Rebecca. But I think you knew her long ago, in a different name: Red." He pulled away from his seat, "No... it can't be." "Son, it's tru-" "Red isn't my sister, Dad! It can't be!" He ran out of the house and flew away.

Hiccup

I flew from home. I couldn't believe what Dad told me. "Red's my sister? Why he didn't tell me?" I muttered. I thought about it and it would make sense. Dad never told me anything since he was a chief of the village and maybe it was impossible that a girl would run a village without knowing. Toothless looks at me with worry. I patted the Night Fury, "Sorry, bud. I guess it's overwhelming to find out that your best friend is actually your long-lost sister. I should tell her, but would she believe me if I did tell her?" As I was thinking a net was shot at us and we fell into  familiar boat. "Dragon Hunters." Ryker said, "This time, you wouldn't escape, Hiccup. Tell us where she is, or suffer your fate." I knew they wanted Red. "No way. I'm not letting you hurt her." I growled. "All right, we'll use you as bait." "No!" I yelled as Toothless and I were locked in a dragon-proof cage. "Sis, please be don't do this." I muttered.

Red

I walked around with Snoutlout, my boyfriend. "Do you think we should let the others know we're dating now?" I asked him. Snoutlout said, "Are you sure, Red? What if they were in shock about this?" I looked at him with a smirk, "Snoutlout Jorgenson, are you telling me that you are afraid?" He said, "What? No! I'm not afraid." I laughed at him. "Sure, whatever you say, Snoutlout." As we walked to the clubhouse, I see Astrid pacing in panic mode. I knew instantly something is very wrong. "Where's Hiccup?" I asked. Heather said, "We haven't seen him and Toothless after Stoick called him. I think he's in trouble for sure." I sighed, "Well, that's our Hiccup. Saddle up, everyone!" It was my turn to act as a leader of the Dragon Riders. Snoutlout said, "You know that you are crazy as Hiccup, you know that, right?" "Why wouldn't I be? Hiccup is my best friend, and I would do anything to save him." He replies with a smile, "And that is one of the reasons I love about you." Tuffnut said, "Uh, what you guys talking about?" Ruff rolls her eyes at her brother's clueless. "Uh, They're a couple now? Geez, boys are so unpredictable." I saw him. "There they are! Let's clean up this mess!" Hiccup saw us and yelled, "Rebecca, no!" I pulled Beauty back. What he just call me?

Author's note: What you think of this plot twist? Will Red save her brother? Find out soon! - Jan