SEVEN

❝don't put your happiness in other people's hands

❝don't put your happiness in other people's hands. they'll drop it. 
they'll drop it every time.

"NAOMI, WHAT'S UP with you? You seem kinda

"NAOMI, WHAT'S UP with you? You seem kinda.... out of it today." Maya furrowed her eyebrows. 

I sat in her bay window, glancing out at the kids playing football on the street. I shook my head, keeping my gaze out at the window. "Nothing's wrong with me. I'm just a little tired, that's all." 

Of course, she didn't believe me. She could see a lie as soon as it slipped out of my mouth. "Naomi, we're best friends. I'd consider us sisters even! We're supposed to tell each other everything! Why haven't you told me what's going on?" 

//

Dally pulled away, still looking at me intently. My breath was ragged. "D-did you just kiss me?" I asked, surprise evident in my tone. 

A cold stare went back on Dally's face and he turned away from me. "What? Are you surprised or something? I do this to every broad." He snapped, venom laced in his voice. 

"Bipolar as hell." I muttered under my breath. 

He bit his lip and went back out through the window. He turned around and before closing the window, he shot me a small grin. 

"I don't fall for people. Remember that." 

He closed the window and ran, making sure to wink at me as he walked away. I chuckled and leaned against the wall. "I think I may be falling for Dallas Winston." I mumbled.  

//

"I DON'T WANT to talk about it, Maya." My voice was hard and demanding, but I was looking at her with a content face.

"It's about Dallas isn't it?" She questioned, her voice soft. 

Maya was never one to have a temper and usually kept her cool around me no matter how stubborn I was. My face softened when I heard his name, but I shook my head. "It doesn't matter."