EPILOGUE

❝moving on from someone you loved is a constant battle

moving on from someone you loved is a constant battle. it physically and mentally drains you because you're constantly fighting back memories and feelings. and that's why at two o'clock in the morning when you're all alone, you become weak. you're so tired of fighting it.  and then the memories come back and the longing returns and suddenly you want to pick up the phone and you want to be in their arms. but you don't do it. because in the morning you'll have to go back to being strong again and you'll have to go back to fighting it, and a phone call wouldn't change anything, anyways...

Two years later...

"GOOD MORNING, NOMI." Parker's raspy voice came from behind me as he wrapped his arms around me. 

"Morning." I replied, getting out of his grip to finish fixing my coffee. 

He soon followed behind me, grabbing himself a cup to get ready for work. He had no shirt on and I watched quietly as he lifted up the window, his muscles tightening. I sipped my cup of coffee and soon the aroma of morning air filled throughout the house. 

Parker went upstairs and after a few minutes, he came back down with his suit and tie on. He gave me a kiss on the lips. "I love you."

"Love you too." I smiled, watching as he grabbed his suitcase and headed towards the door. 

Once he left, I let out a sad sigh. I glanced around at my house, it was nice. Not once did I ever think I would have a house this nice, but then again I never knew I would be married to Parker either. 

Parker has changed in a good way. After multiple tries of asking me out, I finally accepted his offer and took him up on a date. He told me he would get better, and he did. He went to college and now has a job as a lawyer, me being a stay-at-home wife. We have no kids yet, and I like it that way. 

I love Parker, but I don't want to have kids with him just yet. 

I slipped out of my thoughts and my feet padded over to the sofa. I laid across it and closed my eyes, hoping to take a small nap before I go over to Kingston and Maya's. 

"You don't love him." He challenges, a small smirk appearing on his thin lips. 

"Excuse me?" I asked, taken aback by his words. 

"You can't."

"He makes me happy." I retort. I cross my arms and stare defiantly up at him, meeting his soft brown eyes that I always went to for comfort.