TWENTY-NINE

Dallas

❝like ice melts into rain, sometimes love turns into pain

❝like ice melts into rain, sometimes love turns into pain.❞

NAOMI STARED AT me for a long time, as if she was having a flashback

NAOMI STARED AT me for a long time, as if she was having a flashback. She wasn't moving nor blinking. Just by looking at her, I could tell she didn't want to leave me behind. She wasn't going to leave me behind. 

So, that means I have to force her to go.

"C-Cinderella, go. Now. I'm not asking you, I'm telling you." I breathed shakily, keeping my hands on her face.

She gulped and closed her eyes tightly, glancing down at the ground to hide her tears. Her soft voice cracked as she spoke. "I don't want to leave you behind." 

I chuckled and shook my head, tilting her face upwards to make her stare right at me. "Do not fall in love with people like me. I will kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible. And when I leave, you will finally understand, why storms are named after people." 

Her blue eyes have now turned a shade of grey, as if storm clouds were inside of them. I didn't recognize this girl in front of me and I doubt she recognized me. 

It's like we were strangers again. 

I saw their parked car a few houses down and waved Soda and them over. Soda must've known why I waved him over because he came sprinting towards us, putting his hand gently on Naomi's back. "C'mon, Naomi." He whispered softly, pulling her away slowly. 

She was so upset, she didn't even try to fight back and that made her leaving even harder. I had this huge lump in my throat and it wasn't going away anytime soon. "I love you." I exclaimed, my voice melancholy. 

Soda dragged her away and picked her up bridal-style since her feet kept dragging against the grass. I bit my lip to avoid crying again. I have to stay strong for her. If I cry, I make her leaving even harder than it already is.