TWELVE

this chapter is MAINLY about Naomi and Maya because I feel like I haven't focused on their friendship so much, and it's going to play a huge part in this story later on.

//

❝and in the end, we were all just humans

❝and in the end, we were all just humans... drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness.

"I SEE YOU and Dally have been getting along pretty well

"I SEE YOU and Dally have been getting along pretty well." Maya wiggled her eyebrows at me, causing me to shove her playfully.

"Whatever. It's the usual Naomi and Dallas banter." I shrugged, acting like it wasn't a big deal.

"Oh, so you two kissing two times? That's your usual banter?" She teased, amusement filled her voice.

I rolled my eyes. "Shut it, Sunshine."

She sighed and leaned her head back against the wall. "I have nothing to do tonight. I have no idea what I should do."

I shot her a devilish smirk and she groaned. "Naomi, don't you dare-"

"We're going on a little adventure tonight." I grinned, grabbing her wrist and pulling her down the stairs.

"Mom! Naomi's kidnapping me!" Maya screamed as I started pulling her out the door.

"Have fun honey!" Her mom replied, making me laugh and pull her completely out the door

"Have I mentioned how much I love your mom?" I questioned, a huge grin on my face.

Maya rolled her eyes. "Whatever. What are you trying to do?"

"You're going to have the time of your life tonight, Maya." I clapped my hands together and we hopped in her car.

"Oh Lord, please save me." Maya muttered under her breath.