NINETEEN

Dallas

❝Satan says once you lose someone, it is never exactly the same person who comes back

❝Satan says once you lose someone, it is never exactly the same person who comes back.❞

I TURNED TO face Naomi, confusion etched upon my face

I TURNED TO face Naomi, confusion etched upon my face. "Who the hell is this?"

She looked as if all the blood in her body was drained. "D-Dally, Maya, meet my brother, Kingston."

Maya turned to me, horrified. I'm guessing Naomi and Maya are supposed to tell each other everything.

I guess no one knew about this.

Maya's horrified expression turned into anger. "You have a brother? How dare you not tell me something this huge!"

Naomi sighed, shaking her head. "Yeah, I didn't know about him either until a few months ago, Maya." She spat, saying Maya's name angrily.

Maya just walked away, too pissed off. Me on the other hand, I was too shocked to even do anything. Am I hurt? No.

I completely understand why Naomi wanted to keep this a secret. She felt that there was no need to tell anyone since her brother was never important to her anyway.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Naomi speak softly. Her voice was full of sadness, like she lost everything. "Are you mad at me, Dally?"

I turned towards her, and I swore I could feel something click. I gave a small smile, pulling her into my chest.  "No, I'm not mad at you, Cinderella. I understand."

"Thank you." Her voice was muffled in my jacket, but I could still hear the relief in it.

I saw her brother in the corner of my eye, watching us with a smile. He cares about Naomi. I can tell by the way he looks at her.