TWENTY-TWO

❝I hurt myself today, to see if I still feel

❝I hurt myself today, to see if I still feel.❞

"NAOMI, PLEASE GET out of your room

"NAOMI, PLEASE GET out of your room. You've been in here for weeks." Maya begged from outside the door. 

I shook my head, even though she couldn't see it. She groaned once I didn't answer and I heard her footsteps trailing down the hallway. 

Dally has been trying to talk to me, but I pushed him away. I should probably talk to him, work things out like normal couples do, but we're not a normal couple are we? I've never been this depressed before, and I've been depressed basically my whole life until I met Dally. 

Isn't that ironic?

I sat up out of my bed, walking over to my window. It was midnight now, and I felt bad for worrying Maya so much she stayed here, but her and Kingston are getting closer so my guilt faded away. 

I shifted over to my closet, throwing my normal attire on. I fixed myself up, making sure to take a deep breath so I wouldn't cry again. I lifted my window up and hopped out of it, my feet making a soft plump as they hit the ground. 

I started running, feeling thankful for the fresh air hitting my pale face. I felt free. I stopped in the middle of the empty road, gazing at my surroundings. I've been on this road plenty of times. It was where I first met Dally. 

I continued walking, my feet making a soft pound as they hit the concrete. I want to get drunk, but I can't go to Buck's. Dally's probably there. I sighed, trying to think of somewhere to go. Then, it hit me. 

It wasn't a good idea, but then again, are any of my ideas good? 

//

I POUNDED ON the door, a queasy feeling rising in my stomach. The door swung open and when he saw me, a huge smirk was plastered on his face. "Naomi? What the hell are you doing here? I thought you weren't going to get near me again." 

I pushed past him, sitting on his couch. "Go get me whiskey. Now." 

He shot me a smile and closed the door, walking to the kitchen to retrieve the concoction. He came back with two glasses and poured whiskey in both. I brought the glass to my pink lips, downing it in one sip. 

Parker raised his eyebrows. "Something bad has had to happen between you and Dally I'm guessing." 

I rolled my eyes. "And I'm not going to talk about it either. I only came here because I figured he was at Buck's." 

Parker sighed, shaking his head. "Naomi, I know I did terrible things, but I don't do that anymore. I know you can't forgive me for it, I can't even forgive myself for it, but please understand that I would never do that to you."  

I scoffed. "Like I believe you. So many people have let me down that I thought never would." 

"Look, I've known you ever since 1984. I've known you for two years. Don't you think I would've done that stuff to you by now? I haven't. And I won't." He explained, looking at me with a serious face. 

I swallowed the lump in my throat and shoved my glass forward, watching him as he poured me more whiskey. I kept downing it, one-by-one. By my seventh glass, Parker put his hand on my wrist. "Nomi, I don't think you should drink anymore." 

I snatched my hand away, shrugging. "Does it look like I care?" 

After my tenth drink, I was almost passed out. "Parker, did I ever tell you that you have gorgeous teeth?" 

He started chuckling and threw me a cover and pillow. "Do you want to sleep on the sofa or my bed? I can sleep on the sofa tonight, Nomi." 

I didn't even hear him because I was already half-asleep, my mind going back to the one thing that always made me soft. 

Dallas. 

//

I GROANED AT my pounding headache, rubbing my forehead. As I sat up, the sunlight shone in my eyes, making me squint and yell a string of curse words. I heard footsteps and a light chuckle. "I see you're awake." 

I nodded slowly and stood up, stretching my arms out. "I better go, Parker. Kingston and Maya have probably already kicked down my door by now." 

He laughed. "Do you want me to drive you there?" 

I raised my eyebrow. "What kind of question is that?" 

The radio was playing The Beatles and I let my hand out the window, watching as the wind slapped against my bare skin. Once we pulled in front of my house, I thanked Parker and walked inside hesitantly. 

Maya, Kingston, and Johnny all three sprinted towards me, smothering me in questions. "Where the hell were you?" 

"You've had me worried sick!" 

I rolled my eyes, plopping down on the couch. "I was out drinking." 

Kingston shot me a glare. "You could've told me where you were going." 

I shrugged. "I'm a grown woman, I don't need to tell you wherever I go." 

Maya sighed. "Naomi, can't you just accept the fact that we care about you?" 

I laughed, but it turned to a scoff. "Care about me? Who the hell has ever cared about me? Kingston decided to just show up in my life a few months ago and then pops back up again out of nowhere, you left me not too long ago and your parents hate me, and then Dally cheated on me! All of you have claimed to care about me, yet you all have left me at some point!"

Both of their faces softened. "Naomi..." 

"No!" I snapped, making them jump. "Just.... leave me alone!" 

"I can't just leave you alone, Naomi. I'm supposed to look out for you." Kingston scolded, walking after me. 

I turned around, a wild look in my blue eyes. "You've never looked out for me before, why start now?" 

When he didn't answer, I chuckled. "You haven't seen the real Naomi yet, Kingston. You will, though. Thank Dally." 

I'm probably going to get myself hurt tonight. 

//

i'm so proud of myself!1!1!

i've updated three days in a row while i've been going to school. 

I won't be updating tomorrow though, so you're going to have to wait on an update! :)