Ending Francis

You, Negasonic, and Colossus walked over the the area Negasonic said she had seen a case with a person in it fall.  Lifting a heavy slab of concrete, you cried out and ran forward.  "Vanessa!"  You leaned down and tried to open the lock.  However, you lack of blood made you lightheaded.  You felt a tap on you shoulder as Negasonic leaned down and pushed you back slightly.

It took a few tugs but the casing finally opened with a hiss.  "Y/N!"  Vanessa said breathlessly.  You embraced her as she sat up.  You helped pull her up.  "Just take it slow."  Colossus said.  She looked up at him and nodded.  "Thanks."  

"Yoo hoo!"  You heard a voice call out from the side.  You and Vanessa turned your heads and peered into the dust.  Your eyes moved upward to where you saw a small Wade looking down on you.  "Oh my god!"  He threw his hands up in the air.  "That was so awesom-"  Suddenly, he was tackled by Francis.  "We have to go help him!"  Vanessa said.  You nodded and you began to head off in his direction.

As you climbed over the rubble, you could hear Francis give a cold laugh.  You signaled for Vanessa to wait there before you peeked over the edge.  Vanessa soon imitated you after a moment or so, curious to what you were watching.  "Me and you."  Wade said, our of breath as he sat on top of Francis.

"Now how about you fix this butter face."  Wade said, gesturing to his mask.  "Wha-"  Francis said, sounding lightheaded.  Then he smiled and wheezed.  "Your a F*cking idiot.  Did you really think there was a cure.  For that?"  You covered you hand over your mouth.  Vanessa looked at you confused but you didn't meet her gaze.

"What?"  Wade said, voice dangerously low.  Francis nodded.  "You heard me."  "no.  No.  NO!"  Wade cried out, looking up to the sky.  Francis laughed.  "So... you mean to say after all this... you can't fix me?"  Wade sputtered.  "It sounds so much stupider when you say it."  Francis replied.

"You mean like the kind of stupid that admits he can't do the one thing that I'm keeping him alive for?"  Wade reached into his pocket and pulled out a small gun and placed it by Francis's head.  "Any last words?"  You turned to see Colossus and Negasonic walking up, finally catching up to you guys.

"What's my name?"  You heard muttered before the loading of the gun.  "Who f*ckin cares."  You heard Wade reply before Colossus stepped in.  "Wade!  Four or Five moments..."  You saw Wade look around for the source of the voice.  "I'm sorry?"  Colossus stepped out.  "Four or five moments that's all it takes!"  Wade shook his head.  "Tooooooo?"

"Be a hero."  Colossus stepped forward.  You hissed.  "Bad wording."  You said quietly.  Vanessa nodded in agreement.  Colossus continued.  "Everyone thinks it's a full time job.  Wake up a hero, brush your teeth a hero, go to work a hero."  He shook his head.  "Not true.  Over a lifetime there are only four or five moments that really matter."

"Talk about inspirational."  Vanessa mumbled.  "Well, I mean, the speech sounded pretty rehearsed to me."  You said shrugging.  You turned you head back towards Wade.  "Moments when your offered a choice.  To make a sacrifice, to conquer a flaw.  Save a friend."  Colossus gestured to Francis and Wade followed his gaze. "Spare an enemy."

"In these moments everything else folds away.  The way the world sees us the way we-"  Wade pulled the trigger, shooting Francis in the face.  You stifled a small laugh.  Colossus turned and hurled.  You got up and walked into view.  "Why?"  Colossus managed to mutter before throwing up again.

"You were going on!"  Wade said holding his arms out.  "Sure I may be stuck looking like pepperoni flatbread but at least f*ckface won't heal from that.  Wade threw the gun behind him.  "If wearing superhero tights means sparing psychopaths maybe I wasn't meant to wear them.  Not everyone modern in a haul like you."

"Just promice-" Wade cut him off.  "Yea yea I'll be on the lookout for the four moments.... sh*t.  If you'll excuse me, I'm just a boy about to stand in front of a girl and tell her..."  Vanessa walked up next to you.  "What the f*ck am I going to tell her?!"  Wade whispered harshly.  "Well you better figure it out." Colossus turned away.

Vanessa walked up to Wade.  "I can't even tell yo-"  She punched him in the face.  "I deserved that."  She punched him again.  "That too."  She aimed for his crotch.  "No no no no.  Maybe not the nether."  "Start talking!"  Vanessa's voice cracked.  "Aww young love."  You said smiling stupidly, leaning on Colossus.

"I'm sorry.  I'm so sorry.  For everything.  I'm sorry for leaving.  I'm sorry for not cowboy-ing up sooner.  I know it's been a rough couple years."  Vanessa shook her head.  "Rough?"  She held her lips tight and moved around a bit.  "I live in a crack house.... with a family of 12.  Everynight we spoon for warmth especially Al.  She's the fattest."

Wade went on.  "There's nothing we don't share.  Floor space, dental floss, even condoms."  "So you live in a house?"  Vanessa said a moment later.  She couldn't meet Wade's gaze.  Wade walked up to her.  "I should of gone and found you sooner."  He said shaking his head.  "But the guy under this mask, he ain't the same one you remember."

You felt your vision darken.  "Hey... guys?"  You grabbed Colossus for support.  "I'm not feeling that-"  You fell to the ground.  "Y/N!"  Vanessa turned you over and finally caught sight of your wound.  It had been fine but now that your adrenaline had died down, you were starting to notice the effect the blood loss had on you.

She covered her hand over her mouth.  You closed your eyes.  "Oh I feel like sh*t."  You were too tired to open your eyes.  "We need to get her to a hospital quick!"  You heard Vanessa cry out.  "Y/N?"  It was Wade.  "Y/N you need to stay awake ok?  We'll get you help just stay awake stay......"  The ringing in your ears drowned out any further noice and your body went numb.  And, just like that, you were unconscious.

A/N:  This is a short chapter but it's plot containing so bear with me.  Two chapter in one day... I'm on a roll!  I decided I would finish with the movie plot this chapter and move onto non-movie chapter next.  Hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll write more as soon as possible.  Now if you'll excuse me, I have some star trek to catch up on.

~<3 <3 ApoclaypseRaccoon (100th episode of Steven Universe)