Chapter 4 (Edited)

-Dani-

"Do not hesitate Danielle, hesitation will-" Hannibel spoke and I rolled my eyes, interjecting myself into his sentence.

"Will kill me before my enemy does, I know Hannibel." I sighed and wiped the sweat that dripped from my nose with the back of my hand.

"Correct. Now listen about that magnificent beast of yours. I know you get irritable but you need to learn how to channel your anger into something that isn't the nearest object." He placed a hand on my shoulder as we walked back towards the pack house.

It'd been roughly two months since my trial by command, Hannibel was my caretaker and we lived in the safe house together. Members from the pack had come to our doorstep a few days after the incident with the hunters took place and brought gifts for me. I'd refused but they'd remained kind to me, something with which I had no experience.

Hannibel took it upon himself to train me in the physical aspects of being a Lycan as well as the mental capabilities, and so far he'd taught me about masking my presence, tracking other Lycans, and defense mechanisms. He'd also arranged for me to take educational lessons and etiquette classes to finesse my behavior, whatever that meant.

I ascended the stairs to the Alpha's house and entered, Hannibel and I were greeted from all sides as we opened the doors to the house. I kept my emotionless composure as we continued our walk towards the Alpha's chambers.

"Lighten up a little would you?" Hannibel nudged me with his shoulder as we entered the hallway to the Alpha's room.

The guards who stood outside the chambers nodded to us once and we entered, greeted by Alpha Jason almost immediately.

"Hannibel! Come, have a drink with me. Danielle, go ahead and take a seat." He gestured to us to take a seat near the bar.

"Jason you sure know how to pour a good glass of whiskey," Hannibel chuckled before taking a sip from his glass as I sat in the chair behind them, listening in on their conversation quietly.

"There's been word from the South, many of the packs have nothing but good news to report. There are some though, some which have been faltering lately and I grow more and more distressed over their reports." Alpha Jason spoke as he and Hannibel looked over a map that was hung on the wall.

"These vicinities specifically have been having the most trouble." He circled over an area with his finger and I stood.

"Danielle?" Hannibel pressed as I moved closer to the map.

I inspected the areas that'd reported the most disturbances, all of them surrounded the perimeter of the Lican pack.

"Have you called any of the Elders' attention to this?" I asked, Alpha Jason shook his head and took a sip of his drink.

"Unfortunately, we have no substantial evidence of what could be doing all the damage so we're forced to wait until something more serious happens."

I nodded and walked over next to the Alpha scoping the map out and placing my finger just west of the Lican perimeter.

"Place a few men twenty miles away from the Lican territory's perimeter. You'll get your evidence."

Before he could answer, the doors were opened. Takeo entered, two warriors following him closely.

"Alpha, forgive me for the delay, we were called for the announcements of the packs you found distraught while out on a mission. We came as soon as we could." He bowed and his warriors examined me from head to toe, before turning their attention to the Alpha.