Chapter 11 (Edited)

--Drew--

I watched as my pack ran the perimeter, most of them stopping to vomit or pass out from exhaustion.

Weak... the word seemed rather fitting now.

Turning from the window, I realized that my decanter was empty and with no one here to refill it for me I became agitated, hurling the object into the wall before sinking down into my chair.

A few moments passed before Casey walked through the door, taking care to not dip her high heels into the glass shards which littered the floor.

"What the hell happened?" She asked as she maneuvered her way over to my desk.

I sighed, glimpsing at the glass once before turning around in my chair and answering her.

"It fell."

She was silent for a moment, only the sound of her heels resounded through the room as she approached me.

"We need to talk about what happened, Drew. That girl is back and she's...well, she isn't what she used to be."

I turned to face her and she crossed her arms.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

She rolled her eyes and examined her nails before answering.

"She was an outcast, no longer a member of the House Lican, nobody even thought she was alive. So she travels up North and one of the greatest packs in the country happens to take her in? She shouldn't be alive, it's not natural Drew! She was so weak...there's something just not right about her."

I stood.

"I mean you saw the way Alpha Jason's pack bowed down to her, she's earned their respect in what? A few years? She isn't even ranking anymore, and with Kale being dead she has no one. She is no one."

I clenched my jaw.

"How's the boy?" I questioned, pacing the room.

"How should I know? He's probably still asleep, that's another thing I wanted to talk to you about. Why are we keeping a traitor's son under our roof? He should be exiled, or left for the Rogues, there is no reason to keep him here with us Drew." Once again she rolled her eyes before huffing in aggravation and stamping her foot against the floor.

"The boy does not answer for his father's actions, and in any case he is three years old. Only a monster would feed him to the Rogues, willingly." I scoffed, shaking my head at her.

"May I remind you that this boy's father spoke to me with such disrespect, going as far to tell me that I was unfit to carry your pups? That boy is a result of a one night stand, a mistake, an accident. Kale said so himself. He should at least go back with the Ventus Ruber pack, seeing as they like to take in strays so much."

I rushed over to her, grabbing her by the neck and slamming her back into the wall.

"Kale was a delusional and very disturbed Lycan, at his wits end with his actions and responsibilities. We will never know what Kale thought of his son, but I have to believe that it was something other than thinking he was a mistake. He gave his life for him, which is more than I can say about anyone else...myself included."

I loosened the grip I had around her throat and she immediately scrambled to get away from me, her hands flying up to her neck.

"Fine, keep a traitor underneath your roof and leave him without discipline. You aren't the man I thought you were Drew. You're acting weak, your power is diminishing and everyone knows."

She stumbled out of the office, her heels clacking against the marble as she slammed the doors shut.

I turned from the center of the room to face the window, finding some sort of commotion building outside of the house.