chapter 2

(picture is Cameron)

     "Until tomorrow my lovelies!" I wave to the children as the monitor takes them  to their designated area for pick up. "It's almost over, the week is almost over. I can do it for two more days" I rub the dark circles under my eyes and plop myself into my chair behind my desk. I might as well look over the kid's work from this week I think. As I'm sorting the work I sing along to Frank Sinatra's Killing me softly that's playing from the Smartboard, there's a knock at the door. "Come in" I answer and in walks Julie White, the principal of Banxton Private elementary school where I teach.       

"Julie what a nice surprise, what brings you to the class?" I ask the short old lady, she moves a stray gray hair from her sea-blue eyes "well I heard your lovely singing while I was walking down the hall and I got to thinking. Mrs.Berch is leaving for maternity leave next month and she is the supervisor for the choir I thought you could take her position as supervisor. You see her supply has informed me that she has no musical talent what so ever and we don't want to cut the program so maybe you could take over." she asked and playfully batted her eyes. "So what do you think?" she asked after a moment of silence, honestly I would love to take this position but like I teach the youngest grade and the largest kindergarden class in this school and it takes a lot out of me. I'm honestly so tired at the end of the day I sometimes have to take a nap before I leave.

    She sat on the desk in front of me and crossed her legs and waited for my answer "well Julie I think I would love to take the position but I'm not sure if I can" I reply. "Oh please Clair, you voice is just lovely and just what we are looking for, you do get a bonus for teaching an extracurricular. Oh think of the children Clair" she tries to persuade me, and it works "of course I would love to take the position".

"Oh that is just amazing news, I will tell Janis now and you two can set up a meeting to get familiar with the pieces and the group."My boss explains with a huge smile on her face, "thank you for giving me this position" I hug her and say "well I'll see you tomorrow and we can sort everything out" "perfect I'll see you then, have a nice rest of the day" she walks out of the room leaving me alone with my thoughts. "It's 5 o'clock I gotta get home" I grab my belongings and walk out of the building to my matte gray 2016 Jeep Wrangler.