chapter 25

"Miss. W" one of my students calls out " yes May"  "why do you keep rubbing your tummy?" the brown haired green eyed girl looks up to me, her question causes a silence in the class. "Well, Miss. W was two babies in her tummy and I can feel them move. So I rub my belly to calm the babies down" I answer the question "wow, next time they move can I feel?" she ask excitedly, of course, this causes the whole class to get excited and ask if they can feel too. "Yes, everyone can get a chance to feel my belly," I say to calm the class down "but wheeeennnn Miss. W?" a boy called Marc drags out the word "well when I feel the babies kick I will call whoever is listening and doing their work quietly up to feel." I explain my conditions as I slowly lower myself into the chair.

   I squeeze the pink stress pig thing that's on my desk as I feel another fake contraction, I've been getting Braxton hicks for the past couple of days and I am getting sick and tired of them. They hurt like hell and if this is the fake stuff I can't imagen the real ones. I feel one of the babies starting to move around so I look up from my lap and call on May and Carmen "would you like to feel the babies?" "YES YES YES!!" they scurry over to my desk and place their hands on top of my humongous belly, I take their hands in mine and move it closer to the babies  "the babies aren't up there they're right about here," I say. 

    "OH MY GOSH!!! I CAN FEEL THE KICK I FELT THE BABY!!" May exclaims and goes to her friends to talk about what she just felt. Carmen just walks back to her desk and goes back to work, Carmen is the student that every teacher wants she's quiet, she does all her work and does it on time, she's polite and respectful the only flaw is her lack of participation.

   I'm so happy that my student teacher Eric is teaching for the next month I don't know if I could handle teaching and the kids on top of the Braxton hicks. "So how are you doing?" Eric ask me  while sitting on the desk in front of my desk the "naughty desk" "I'm very pregnant and ready for the babies to come out" we both laugh at my reply "I bet" Eric says staring at my stomach, "I've started getting Braxton hicks, those fake contraction and there killing me" I share "wow, maybe you should take a couple days off or start your leave early" he suggest. "I was thinking about taking a few days off but were going to have a holiday soon so I'll just wait till then and I'm only six and a half months I still have less the four months to go I wouldn't know what to do with myself." I explain "that's true" he replies "Mr. Hemm" a student calls out stopping our conversation, Eric stands up and walks to the student "ow" I whisper as I feel another contraction come along.