Day 4: Visits

It has been three months ever since Hinata was sent to the hospital, news spreading that she's pregnant with Naruto's child. And she was, indeed. The lovebirds had been talking about what to name him, but it would always end up to Naruto telling his wife to name it Boruto--as fast as lightning.

The male blonde would often excitedly imitate how his child would grow, resulting to the nurses to hurry to Hinata's room and tell Naruto to lower his voice. It always reaches both rooms located on their left and right.

"Yeah. And I'll teach him Rasengan!"

Hinata chuckled.

Two nurses who seemed to be in a hurry were noticed by both Temari and Shikamaru. Eyes blinking in question, the two shinobi stopped on their tracks as they reached the door leading to Hinata and Naruto. Bouquet of flowers rested on the female blonde's arms as they waited for the nurses to reach their destination. Shortly, the nurses reached where the two were waiting.

"..?"

The female nurses panted and tried their bests to catch their breath as fast as they could. When they did, they decided to speak, only after another gulp. "Good day, Temari-san, Shikamaru-san. Is Uzumaki-san your friend?"

Quite hesitant to speak since he didn't know why they were in a hurry, Shikamaru still did so. "Yes. Why?"

"Well..," she looked at the other nurse standing beside her before continuing. "Hospital should be a quiet place, but..."

Getting the nurses' point, Shikamaru nodded. "I'll tell him."

Both bowed respectfully, nurses returned to their stations.

Geez. Really, Naruto.

The lad now tilted the door knob open, letting Temari in first before him.

"Ah!" Began Naruto. "Shikamaru and...that woman..," his eyes closed like that of a cat whilst trying to remember what the female blonde's name is.

With furrowed brows, Temari replied Naruto as comical as she could. "You forgot about it?!"

"Temari-san...," said Hinata, a smile on her lips. "You didn't have to do this."

"It's for Boruto. Don't think of it too much," said Temari, slight smile was drawn on face.

Naruto placed two monoblock chairs at the side of Hinata's bed, letting Shikamaru and Temari sit there so they could chat with them. "So, are you two on a date?"

With a rather disappointed sigh, Shikamaru answered his question. "Seriously, Naruto. Drop that. That's the only thing you ask me whenever we're together." Really...

Eyes closed comically, the male blonde tilted his head. "Aren't you?"

The pineapple-haired male flinched from Naruto's comeback question.

Hinata noticed the slight blush on the genius' cheeks, which made her chuckle.

"Temari wanted to see how Hinata was doing so I accompanied her here."

"Is that really all?" Confirmed the lad.

"Yeah. And if we're dating, I wouldn't bring her to the hospital." Unless...

With a quite disappointed tone, Naruto slightly settled himself down on a vacant sofa resting beside where he placed the monoblock chairs. "Oh... Well, if so, where are you going to bring her, then?"

"In the Nara forest first. It's relaxing in there, and silence would be good for a hard-working woman like Temari herself."

Aimlessly, the male blonde asked the female. "Did he bring you there?"

"He did," casually answered Temari. That was the place where she met Rikumaru, one of the deer living in the said forest.

"Ahhh! I knew it! I knew it!" He exclaimed whilst pointing aggressively at Shikamaru. "I knew you were dating!"

"How's Hinata?" Asked Shikamaru, totally trying to avoid whatever questions were about to be thrown at them.

Naruto turned to his wife. "She's pretty fine. Hinata's having what girls call 'morning sickness' so we brought her here. Turned out that she's carrying our Boruto inside her..," the latter's voice toned down, eyes forming into an appreciative one. "I was really happy and excited as soon as I found out!"

"Yeah. Congratulations to both of you."

"When are you two going to get married, by the way?"

"Well..," began Shikamaru, hand running on his head to scratch it. "We're not really in a hurry. If it comes, it comes."

"Ahhh! You just said you two aren't in a hurry! So, that really means you are dating each other!"

"We're not!"

"So, what are you going to name your child?" Excitedly asked Naruto.

Shikamaru was taken aback. "About that, well..."

"Aren't you two...supposedly hurrying now? I-I mean, I heard from one of the jounins that the Kazekage..," Hinata trailed off.

"Oh, right. Yeah, thanks, Hinata," said Shikamaru.

It really wasn't much of help, actually... "Y-You're welcome, Shikamaru-san..."

Both Temari and Shikamaru stood and left the two monoblock chairs empty. They stood outside the mouth of Hinata's room, the other lass waving at them a goodbye.

"Did the Kazekage send you a mission?" Asked Temari.

There wasn't really any issues with the Kazekage. It was Hinata's way of saving me from that nosy Naruto. The pineapple-haired male sweat as he thought of a way to divert her attention. Shikamaru shuddered upon being able to think of something.

"Temari."

The blonde shinobi slightly tilted her head to the side. "..?"

"What would you name our child?"

Since Temari grew in a different surrounding compared to the typical females around, she didn't blush but indeed, she was surprised. "What's with that all of a sudden?"

"Just answer the question," said Shikamaru, desperate to know. At first, he only wanted to divert her attention onto something else. But now, he was eager to know.

It took her seconds before giving him her response. "Dai. I want to spend the new world with you; and having a child named "Dai" would mean that he's the result of all our hardworks in the wars--good or bad things--we got ourselves into."

This reply sent pinkish blushes on the lad's cheeks. He was about to speak, not until Temari spoke again.

"Shikadai, to add formality. I want his name to be Shikadai."

"Uh, well..," the genius secretly scratched the back of his head whilst trying to compose himself. "W-What if it's a girl, then?"

"That's another long pondering we have to do," replied the sandy blonde, smiling at Shikamaru after.

He was about to walk closer to her and embrace her when he had forgotten the sole purpose of diverting the topic onto something else. It snapped back at him when Temari asked him again.

"So, did Gaara send you a mission? Hinata seemed to know."

"It's her way of saving both us from Naruto's grips. We have to send her our thanks later," after that, Shikamaru went closer to Temari, entwined his hand with hers and continued walking off.

From Hinata's hospital window, Naruto was standing there and peeking on the two. With a sly smile, he commented. "No matter how well they decline, they're still too obvious. Right, Hinata?"

"Yes," she answered, chuckling after.