Day 19: Inappropriate

Dipping it for a bit...

A circular movement of the wind had been evident in front of the blonde female, along with the visible smokes and dusts gathering, upon shifting her body to follow the direction where the provided chair for customers were.

One of the Konoha-nins appeared, head bowing moderately to show respect for the current Kazekage's sister, the ambassador to Konogakure. "Temari-san, Shikamaru-san's on his way. He told me to tell you he somewhat would be late."

"Yeah, sure," cheaply replied the lass, finding a vacant spot for her to sit on thereafter. "There are still lots of time before the meeting starts, he shouldn't be on haste." Temari returned to her emptied thoughts upon eating her most preferred Japanese street food, dango.

"Roger," responded the young shinobi before bowing his head in respect once again, and vanishing off from her gazes after a second.

The place had came off available as quickly; noise--simultaneous buzzes had lowered, the silence was undeniably deafening. Amaguriama's brown wooden seats outside had developed a profound quietude, only small incomprehensible, indistinct chatters from the inside of the shop were heard.

Temari was about to eat the last piece of her rice-floured dumpling. However, it accidentally got off balanced, and her mouth tried to catch it. Fortunately, it still was on the stick. "Phew," muttered her in relief, glad that she had such a luck. She wouldn't want to add expenses than the amount her village had allowed her to use; albeit of the Kazekage's bloodline, she still was to follow rules.

Though the food had been saved, not much about its sauce. In her adrenaline, left palm attempted to catch it; successfully deemed so only some of it were on her left hand's pointer finger, others were scattered unmistakably on the floor. ...How careless. I shouldn't put it to waste, however.

"Getting a side quest sure is a dr--" the delivered few scratches at the back of his head had been thrown in the mid-air upon seeing an unusual motion made by the woman he was about to meet.

Temari, less to her knowledge, had at least one person's pair of eyes pinned at her every move.

On Shikamaru's view, the aforementioned female seemingly appeared to him as if she was seductively sucking her finger off to remove the dango's sauce left on it.

Wh... What is she doing?!

But in a normal person's view, Temari was doing it pretty wonted.

Shortly, the lass had opened her mouth to grab the last unbalanced, slightly skewered dumpling off from its stick before a pair of hands landed onto hers. Bemused, it was her escort for her three-day stay in the village of their allies. "Shikamaru...?"

Evident slashes of crimson were visibly seen on his cheeks though was he trying to hold it in. "What are you doing, Temari?" Not allowing her to speak to explain herself, the genius continued. "Are you...," paused the young man for a few seconds. "Are you seducing me?"

"Hah?!" Comically, the kunoichi responded. Instead of feeling red because of the embarrassment Shikamaru was throwing her, she looked more likely annoyed. "W-What are you on about?!"

Oh. The male muttered to himself in realisation. She wasn't...?

Comical expression immediately changing into a serious one, Temari asked Shikamaru again. "Did you eat something inappropriate? You're acting weird," said her, suppressing her previous feelings.

"S-Sorry, I was..."

Before the pineapple-haired guy could finish his explanation, the blonde already had interrupted him. "...You're surprisingly thinking of dirty things. That's so unlike you."

Shit. The hell am I doing, anyway?!

"It's just that it looks like you're doing it in a seductive manner and I thought you were...," voice lowering, hand scratching the back of his head sheepishly. "...seducing me."

"Why would I do something like that?" Asked her, face unchanging.

The atmosphere between them was starting to lower down in silence, awkwardness engulfing them both. There were people around, gathering and buying their favourite dango in the mentioned place, but paid less attention to the two; however, their mere presence added lots to the two's embarrassment.

"Shikamaru!" A high-pitched tone from a certain blonde of Team 10 reached both of their ears, making them turn to her quickly. "Good to see you two around!"

Sai greeted them with a smile, but it felt like he was holding such a secret behind that.

It sent the Nara a sweat drop on the side of his temple, comically thinking that Sai surely looked scary. "I-Ino, Sai. What brought you here?" Asked Shikamaru whilst trying to regain his cool.

"Planning to grab a skewered dango," casually responded the female. "You guys?"

Though hesitant, Shikamaru did his best to answer her. "Passing time...," uttered the genius. "It still is long before the next meeting so we decided to, uh, grab something to eat before we go there," his lying sounded evident, but it didn't get through Ino at the very least.

"Oh?" Expressed the female in amusement. There was another attempt to open her mouth to speak, but Sai had overlapped it with is.

"You don't look like you just ate dango," said him, pertaining to the latter. He had noticed how Temari was repressing her red face, and how bad the atmosphere as of the moment. Sai knew; had he drawn his familiars and ordered them to see if the store was jampacked. As they did, his friends also had told him such an event earlier, therefore putting him on hotseat was for his added entertainment.

Besides, it's fun to see them confused while hiding the obvious.

"I...," he paid the other male a glance; with just that, he was aware of Sai's real intention. Think Shikamaru! He wants you to fall for his trap; don't let it happen! "I'm actually about to."

"Were you seduced?"

"?!" It had taken Shikamaru aback. He saw what happened?!

It also had surprised Temari, unsure how to handle such a situation. The pink tinges on her face grew into red ones.

"Seduced?" Repeated Ino, confused.

Sai chuckled, walked towards Shikamaru, leaning close to his ears. "Don't worry. I am a man as well; I can understand you," said him as he had spoken about Shikamaru's hidden desires for Temari. "Though not much by simply seeing a girl you secretly like eat dumplings and thought she was seducing you," he ended the conversation by tapping his hand on the other's shoulder before turning to his girlfriend. "Let's go, Ino."

"Already? But we haven't...," had she insisted, however seeing the look at her boyfriend's eyes had given her the hint. "Ah, right...! I still have to tend to the Yamanaka Flowershop! See you two around!"

After silence had crept in once again, Shikamaru decided to break it, and face the blonde. "Temari, about earlier... I'm s--"

"Understandable. You're a man, after all," said her, making a facial expression as if she less cared about what happened.

"It's...! That's not what I meant!" Fired back the genius.

Their argument went on as joyous laughters echoed around the area. Other people noticing such kind of affection and friendship had themselves adoring the two in silence--including Ino and Sai--whilst having vivid smiles on their lips.

(A/N: I didn't recheck this shot; not feeling well, too sick to read. Sorry if I made mistakes. I'll edit it once I get better. Thank you for your patience!)