Day 14: Birth

(A/N: Thanks to CandythePotatodatz for requesting! I'm sorry if it didn't come out as you expected it to be-- ;;)

August 22

"We still need to contact Sakura to make sure," stated Shikamaru whilst shuffling things inside his drawer.

He would choose to go to the hospital as well, but with his little patience and huge worry, Shikamaru wanted to meet Sakura since she would be the closest person to them with such an ability they seek for.

With littlest, almost unseen retaliation, Temari composed her response towards her husband. "I told you, it's fine. Just a few months, and we'll be meeting Shikadai," the flaxen-haired female delivered her hand tenderly on top of her bumped stomach, rubbing it gently.

Feeling what most fathers do, Shikamaru was worried. He turned back to snatch Temari's hand as gentle as he could, and walked out from their house to trace Sakura's home; it shouldn't be that far. There were little complaints heard from the female shinobi, attempting to stop the other, but Shikamaru had purposely ignored them.

It didn't take them long to reach their destination. The pineapple-haired male stood at the entrance, his wife next to him. But before he could deliver three knocks on the wooden door, a certain pink-haired kunoichi had already introduced herself.

"Oh, Temari, Shikamaru!" Greeted the female with a smile on her lips. "What's...," her question had been interrupted by a gesture of Temari's hand on her stomach, as well as Shikamaru's perplexed expression, only commanding herself to smile once again. "Hello, Shikadai~" said her upon rubbing Temari's stomach as well, and leading them inside her house thereafter.

Both followed Sakura, the blonde nodding her head in agreement.

Sakura took the lovers to their living room, and made Temari sit across her whilst Shikamaru was standing beside her; a table was in between them.

"It's approximately next month, on September, before his birth," said the pink-haired kunoichi without the need to ask them of their purpose of coming here. "He's in a fine condition," she looked up at Shikamaru. "So stop being a worrywart and loosen up."

Temari slightly let out a chuckle whilst Shikamaru scratched his head in embarrassment, little slashes of red were seen under his left eye. "Yeah, thanks, Sakura," responded the dark-haired male. "Sorry for bothering you."

"Oh, don't worry about it! If you need me, I'll just be around."

The female escorted the couple outside her home, and bid their farewells.

Shikamaru hadn't made his first step forward yet when one of the members of his team, a long-haired female blonde, revealed herself before them. "Shikamaru," the female handed over a piece of scroll. "Go there. Everything you need is in that place, you're required to be there to be the brains of the group."

Temari looked up at her husband. "You're leaving for a mission?"

"It seems so," he sighed, unintentionally letting his wife's hand go so he could read the rest of the scroll. "It's close from the village, it shouldn't take too much of my time. But the whole mission will surely require me to be gone for a month," the male turned to the kunoichi of Sunagakure. "Will you be fine without me?"

Sakura stepped in the conversation. "Ino and I will take care of her while you're gone. Good luck with your mission, Shikamaru!"

Both of Shikamaru and Temari's hands involuntary nudged each other's which made the blonde maiden to attempt to hold it. The thought of her husband being gone for a month, and their baby's birth on the same time, made her ponder rather deep.