Day 7: Smell and Teasing

A sigh of relief had escaped the current Hokage's lips, hands stretching behind him. Today would by far be the day with most papers he had to work on. As usual, Shikamaru being his right hand man never aided him no matter how strongly he begged for it.

The blonde man intentionally let his head fall down flat on his wooden table  as well as his once stretched arms. Silence engulfed him, his surroundings only covering the rustles of papers made by Shikamaru. Thoughts had begun rushing in his mind, making him arch his head upwards as if jolting awake from a deep slumber.

"Shikamaru," called the male, alluring sapphire hues onto him. "Something just got in my mind."

The pineapple-haired male only continued his job; but without turning to his comrade, he responded. "Yeah. You still have a meeting on--"

"No, I know that. But that's not what I'm talking about, Shikamaru," cleared Naruto. This time, he sat straight, his back glued on his chair. "Whenever I leave home, or whenever I come home, or whenever we do that together, Hinata would always smell nice. It's like...it's adding up in the mood."

Small tints of pink immediately drawn themselves all over Shikamaru's cheeks. "Where is this coming from?!"

"Me," quickly responded Naruto.

"I didn't mean that, you idiot!" He bickered back, but his friend only was trying to annoy him.

Naruto chuckled. "I was kidding. But, you know, have you noticed it with Temari too?" The serious facial expression he was giving Shikamaru hadn't help him get the images of his wife out of his head at all.

Smell... Temari's smell?

Most of the pictures that reminisced themselves in his mind were Temari scolding Shikadai, or just having a normal conversation with him and both parties' family. When did... His thoughts had left him when the images had begun getting a bit...inappropriate. Mentally, he removed them out of his visions by randomly moving his arms around.

A smirk ran across Naruto's lips. "Oh. Are you trying to remember them, Shikamaru?"

"No!" As quick as lightning, he responded.

---

The sun had finally hidden itself, a sign that it was time to go home. For the first time in what seemed forever, the current Hokage had a chance to leave his post and be with his family for the rest of the day. So, he went ahead, and gave everything to Shikamaru's care.

After the genius had finished keeping things in place, he locked the door and marched his way to his home. A sigh was audible in such a silent night. What the hell am I thinking?

Hands inside his pocket, Shikamaru continued drawing his path towards where his family was, shaking the thought of the former conversation he and Naruto had earlier.

Surprisingly, the female blonde he had been thinking of as if he was a high schooler, was standing at the mouth of their door. Her head was leaning on the side, arms crossed over her chest, her right foot was crossed over the other. Noticeably, the latter sighed.

"Temari?" He called, voice was audible enough for her to determine who it was. What is she doing outside? "Aren't you feeling cold? Go back inside," said the male with utmost concern.

Her usual, rather unchanging facial expression was her response. "Shikadai's going to have a sleep over with his friends. They were told that had to do it for a greater and unbreakable bond of their team and friendship."

"Ah...," cheaply replied the noir-haired male, attention was obviously off from Temari as of the moment. Such orbitals landed onto her neck for a good while, until he hadn't noticed that he had been staring at it.

"Shikamaru," said Temari, not really attempting to take his attention back to reality, but she somehow managed to. Her lips formed into a small smirk, bantering with him had begun. "You heard that Shikadai's out the night, and there you are staring at my neck," she turned away to get inside as what Shikamaru told her to. "You're no different when it comes to people in heat, huh?"

The blushes Shikamaru had on his face indicated that Temari nailed half of what he was thinking. "That's not it!" Contradicted the other.

The rather teaseful mode Temari had was quickly exchanged to her usual, serious-looking one whilst her feet dragged her deeper in their home. "If you have something in your mind, say it. If you're stressed, we can battle in the grounds. If you're not feeling good, tell me. You act like you don't have a wife at all."

Right... And being married means we share whatever sadness or happiness one of us feels. It's not that I didn't care about her, nor had forgotten her existence. I just... How the hell can I say something inappropriate as easy as how she asks me to tell her?! Shikamaru's hands curved into a fist; he successfully brought out all of his courage. "Temari!"

Before his wife could turn to face him, Shikamaru had already grabbed her shoulders using both of his hands and pinned her against the wall. I just need to know if she smells nice, right...? His breathing had taken over of his words, his ears had defeaning to the loud thuds of his heart beat; the only thing he could do was lean closer to her, and smell her through her neck.

The female gasped before hand. Shikamaru hadn't been this forceful until today. Perhaps, her teasing had gotten the best of him. She closed her eyes, readying herself to whatever her husband was planning. "S-Shikamaru...!"

The sweet scent of her perfume mixed with powder she used had blended and fitted perfectly for such an age of hers. It wasn't something old people use; just enough for her appearance.

So this is what Naruto was trying to tell me?

Albeit he planned nothing ahead, he still had done it with her.

The next day, Naruto looked at his comrade. "You seem...tired, Shikamaru. Did something happen?" He said, tone was normal.

"A lot," was his only response. Under his pair of digits had dark bags, indicating that he had less sleep, but no sign of regret was seen deep within him.

Naruto's expression changed into full question. He couldn't seem to decipher what he meant. "What was that? A lot? What happened, Shikamaru?!"

"Nothing!" Quickly contradicted the Nara.

However, it didn't stop Naruto from forcing him to tell what actually happened last night, not that Shikamaru would let it spill out. There was a battle of 'yes' and 'no', and their day went on just like that. In the end, Naruto wasn't able to do anything for the day, and got scolded by the former Hokage, Hatake Kakashi because of the seemingly negligence he did.