Day 26: Drag

(A/N: Aaah, this was supposedly going to end funny, but resulted to a more serious ending... Wow, I'm so stupid.

Anyhow, have fun reading, everyone!)

"This is a work the Ambassador of Sunagakure should do alone. It has nothing to do with you, Shikamaru."

Tsunade had worded it roughly in hopes for the latter to understand quicker, and better. Pair of small, brown orbs had been staring at the skies, stealing glances of a blonde kunoichi whilst her teal eyes were pinned at numbers of documents on hand.

"And you," pointed Tsunade towards the young ninja. "As the Ambassador to Konohagakure, you are assigned to make sure of your partner's safety."

"Wait. Me, with her while she works alone?" Reconfirmed Shikamaru.

"Correct. Act as her escort like you must."

Shikamaru let out a groan, almost as if tiredly before unpredictably chaging his attention onto the ceiling, the walls, yet eventually found his brown optics dropping onto a certain blonde kunoichi.

The soft turning of pages, shifting of documents, the sound of her pen meeting the aformentioned leaf, including her breathing had overtaken the quietness growing between them.

But those alone had Shikamaru sighing.

This time, had he turned to the female. "Let me help you with that," uttered him in a low voice, yet comprehensible enough.

"You can't," immediately responded the kunoichi. "You heard what the hokage said earlier, right? You can't."

Another tired groaning had been expressed by the teen before flashing his usual countenance towards her. "Earlier? She said that two days ago."

Silence engulfed Temari; the lass had an attempt to respond, but chose not to anyhow.

"You're tired enough for me to help," effortlessly replied the man. He stood slowly from seemingly lying on the rooftop, and offered his hand for her to put the papers on.

Teal optics dropped on his palm, then shifted her attention to the man himself. "Orders are orders, Shikamaru," repeated her. "You can't."

"Fine," said him, but didn't return to drowsing off as he was minutes ago. Silence shielded them once again, but at this moment, Shikamaru's patience was running out. He stood, yet uttered none.

Temari noticed the tiny movements, but refused to give him a glance. It hadn't been long since the latter felt a hand wrap itself on her arm. Curious, the kunoichi had shifted her gazes at the pineapple-haired man this time. "...?"

"Let's go," began him whilst gently pulling her close.

"Huh, what? Where?" Asked the blonde.

"Don't ask; just come with me."

"...But I have work to do, Shikamaru. I'm chasing against time."

"Time? The hokage never said you have to finish them as soon as possible, all she did say was you have to finish it alone," fortunately, Shikamaru's memory had served him well.

And with him being correct, Temari was left out of words. She let the man take her anywhere he would, attention was undeniably all focused on the latter's future plans. Why did he...

Steps that had slowly faded earlier had grown, a silhouette of Shikamaru's figure came evident on he ground as it perfectly reflected against the bright sun's rays. Seeing such an image had Temari follow the growing shadow, until she was looking at the man's face now.