Day 24: Pairs

(A/N: This was supposedly a part of ScareCrowd's request, but since he wasn't able to send me his full plot, I took it as a prompt instead. Credits still will go to him! Work had been made in a rush; I apologise beforehand if there were mistakes!

Hah! I accidentally published this without changing the title. My bad. x])

This can't go on for more than a day. It needs to be stopped.

An evident sigh had been released by none-other-than the deemed cruelest kunoichi of the ninja world. That made, Temari turned to her seemingly partner-in-crime, expression unchanging. "Shikamaru," called her, teal-tinted hues dropping at him without further hesitation. "Is the hot spring here in Konoha available at the moment?"

"Hot spring?" Reconfirmed the man, facial expression distorting into a tiny, almost unnoticeable confusion. She wanted to take a bath? How long has it been, anyway? He counted the days since Temari had arrived in their village. Albeit it was made mentally, his fingers still made movements inside his pocket to make sure he was counting stuff correctly. It isn't that long, though.

"Oi, Shikamaru," called the female once again, right hand on the side of her waist, showing the latter her displeasure. "If you're going to keep spacing out, I'll just ask help from someone else." 

A hand had been delivered at the back of his head to perform a scratch more likely upon the awkwardness beginning to engulf their surroundings. "Sorry. I was thinking about important stuff," lied him. Great. "The hotspring's located at the left wing of the village. I'll guide you," offered the teen, though walking slightly ahead from Temari.

Shikamaru had only spoken of the truth; following a long, straight path to the left eventually had lead them to an end. However, a house appearing almost the same as the old ones greeted them. A sign of "yu" atop it which would mean "hot water" that's easily understood by younger children was inscribed, as well as undeniably informing the two that they had just arrived to their destination.

Inside met the two a female attendant, behind her were noren with writings of "man" and "woman", guiding whoever where to go, especially for first timers. "Good day!" Welcomed her, then sent them a bow of respect.

"I'll wait for you outs--"

Unhesitatingly, Temari grabbed Shikamaru's right arm and pulled it towards her. "No, actually...," the female paused for a few seconds to pass the latter a stare, unquestionably ordering him to go along. Shortly, she returned her gazes towards the seemingly assistant of the area. "We're going for the mixed bath."

"M-Mixed...bath...?" The helper reconfirmed in hopes that she had heard it wrongly, her face showing a conspicuous shade of red, voice trying to utter normally as best as she could.

Without much change in her expression, the lass nodded in agreement.

W-Wh...? Mixed bath, with her?! Shikamaru was having a hard time deciphering what had been going on, as well as understanding what was going in her mind, but the deathly stare the kunoichi pressed onto him forced him to say nothing to avoid messing up the situation, and crashing against her ideas. But, going in with her... This already is messed up!

Alarmed, the receptionist nodded. "U-Um, alright," pair of optics landed onto the small group of papers lying on her table, finger pointing on it. "There's an available mixed bath for public and private. What would you like?"

"Public," cheaply responded the blonde woman.

"A-Are you sure? You have the priviledge to use priva--"

"Public," repeated Temari, signs of hesitation were unseen in her expression.

W-Why public?!

In agreement, another nod was made before the other lass stepped off from her place, hand gesturing to her right to follow the path leading to the public mixed bath. "This way, please."

Fortunately, there still were no people.

Though hesitant, the pineapple-haired guy headed straight to men's changing room to undress, and covered the most important part of his body by using a small towel of his size, given by the stand-alone hotspring.

On women's changing room, Temari went out with a white towel covering her full body though showing only her shoulders, and another to wrap her hair in it.

Before Shikamaru was an astounding figure; the noticeable bust size came evident, including her fine waistline, which made his face flush in crimson. However, the genius did his utmost best to not get caught, anyhow.

Both soaked their bodies in the water to start bathing, but Shikamaru they had enough distance, specifically having himself stay on the corner, to avoid misunderstanding.

Finding this a perfect moment to interrogate her slowly, the young man had begun speaking. "Temari, why a mixed bath?"

"Quiet," responded the blonde with a low tone. "You are too unfocused!"

Huh?

Another second of silence conquered most areas as Temari's sprinting against the strong water came splashing, destroying the quietness they had created. As she did, it was vivid before Shikamaru's eyes how Temari's towel slid against her soft skin, and floated on the water next. All he could witness next was half of his face mostly was covered by the blonde's chest.

"W-Wai--! Temari?!" His voice came out seemingly garbled, but comprehensible enough for the kunoichi to roughly tell him to be quiet again.

A voice, low enough for only Shikamaru to hear, had been freed by Temari. "I just told you to be quiet!" Distinct footsteps came evident in their small seconds of silence. "Pretend we're doing something! He's coming...!"

What the hell?! Pretend we're doing--?!

Though hesitant, the lad doubtfully placed both of his hands on her hips, then crawled upwards on her back to embrace her. Shikamaru, following his instincts, had tenderly rubbed Temari's soft skin next allowing the other to have goosebumps because of the chill it was sending her. H-He's really doing it! I have to concentrate and play along!

Temari was about to lose her composure, yet did her utmost best to retain her attention towards the approaching enemy. "S-Shikama... No, not...," the lass was undeniably unsure what she had been wanting to communicate, but she had uttered something nonetheless. "Shikamaru...," her calls were beginning to sound more likely a moan of pleasure, breathing was getting heavy, mind was starting to become nothing but blank. "H-Hey, you can stop. He's not here anym--"

However, Shikamaru's thinking came rather hazily, that he didn't wish to stop sooner or later. Yet, his fantasies had been cracked by a familiar voice most probably pulverising him soonest a certain puppeteer had seen them in such a position.

"Temari, we have him captured-jaan."

He broke free unequivocally, and turned towards the opening of the area.

There was silence, as if Kankurou was scanning the room, particularly the two. "A report had been sent to the hokage about that filthy spy, and he already was sent to jail. He would undergo investigations and interrogations; the village should be fine," said him before turning away, giving his sister enough time to change. "Let's go. Time to get off of the mixed bath. Gaara's waiting outside."

The two shinobi followed Kankurou, with awkwardness building up around them. It was a good thing he came, else Shikamaru wouldn't know where it would lead them.