Day 17: Unstoppable Rumour

(A/N: While waiting for @ScareCrowd's request...)

A large volume of wind had blown itself from the east, tiny numbers of sands danced together with it. Normally, a place like this would be a home for things that could leave under a high pressure of heat, but its barrier--made of stucco--supplying the coolness had it covered.

It almost looked like Konoha--fine living, slowly growing economy, beginning to be a lively community--everyone was starting to get along well.

"I'm pretty sure!" A kunoichi of Sunagakure said with utmost assurance. "I've seen them numerous times, especially when he goes here for...," she moved both pointer and middle fingers of her hands to form imaginary quotation marks. "...work."

What are they talking about?

Another female made a high-pitched, girly squeal. "True! If you think there's nothing going on between them, you better wake up from your slumber!"

A man, definitely another ninja, had revealed himself. "There you two go again. Stop that. I've heard he'll be here soon for a meeting with the Kazekage. If he noticed this, you two will definitely be dead meat."

"Come on...!" The girl with chocolate-coloured hair slightly turned her smiles upside down, brows narrowed. "You see them as people in special relationship, right? It's not normal!" Insisted her.

One in noir-tinted added, "And it's obvious!"

The male shinobi sighed. "It is normal, they're the ambassadors for both allied villages. Therefore, it's normal that they eat together, walk together, stroll together, take a bath toge...," intentionally had he stopped on his own. "Bathing together?"

Both girls nodded their heads in unison. "That, that! It's not normal, surely!"

"That is not normal, indeed!" This time, the man agreed.

The three of them gathered in a small circle whilst the brown-haired female began speaking. "There was one time we were on a mission when Temari-san..."

"We have heard Daimaru-san also had been reanimated," stated Matsuri, worry definitely was drawn all over her face. "Are you not going to visit him, Temari-san?"

Using her tessen as an aid to stand, Temari did, whilst her other free hand was on her waist. "Daimaru is a good person. But to answer your question, no."

Being born in a different surrounding compared to other women in their allied village, feeling pity for ninjas who had been wronged wasn't the blonde lass' thing. It wasn't the time for such emotions to take over of her.

"Oh," muttered Yukata. Her expression had been lit up the soonest. "What about Shikamaru-san? Do you feel nothing for him? Like, anything special?"

Temari sighed. "Get back to your work, both of you. Stop slacking off!"

Though scared, the two girls fought for their unanswered question. "Giving us an answer would make us return to work, Temari-san!" Pushed Matsuri through. A nod had been released by Yukata, indicating her agreement to her friend's persistence.

The wind user kunoichi snapped her tongue in annoyance, but had let loose towards the two, anyhow. "Someone intelligent," cheaply replied her, and left the two to figure out what she exactly meant. "Now, go back to work!"

"I asked her if she liked Shikamaru-san, and she didn't give us a direct answer," frowned Yukata, but beamed a second after. "But she did say something like someone intelligent. There was no one close to her that has a great intelligence like Shikamaru-san does!" Explained the black-haired female.

"Basing to your explanation, Temari-san didn't say anything like someone close to her, so why would you--" immediately, his words had been put in an abrupt stop.

"We knooow!" Replied Yukata. "But the intelligence!"

There were several taps on Yukata's wrist, done by Matsuri, but only she had ignored her by continuing to explain what she thought of both Temari and Shikamaru.

"I really do think there's something going on between them! Temari-san likes Shikamaru-san! She likes someone intelligent, and that definitely is Shikamaru-san!" At this moment, Yukata had finally decided to respond at Matsuri's shaking, but had only found herself jaw-dropping at the sight.

Temari and Shikamaru were standing before them.

Comically getting a glow with a mix of dark and violet aura, the blonde kunoichi placed her right hand at the seemingly hilt of her tessen, as if beginning to engage in battle.

"W-We're sorry, Temari-san!" Pleaded Matsuri, all three of them bowing their heads in front of her for an apology.

"You guys should probably just return to resume your duties," invited Shikamaru before Yukata nodded at him, comically tip-toeing away. However, not too afar were the three hid behind a group of bushes, not close enough to hear what they were talking about, but close enough to see every piece of their movements.

"So, um...," tried Shikamaru to get themselves out from the awkward atmosphere building up between the two of them. "You, er, like me...?" Geez. Just a perfectly great move, Shikamaru.

"It doesn't matter," said her without much change of facial expression, feet turning quickly to the closest alley.

Suddenly, the female ninja met Shikamaru's lips against hers.

?!

Slowly, he had broken the affection. "S-Sorry, I was..."

"No, I...," countered Temari.

"I mean, I...," the lad looked away, scratching the back of his head thereafter because of embarrassment. "I like you, too. It's troublesome, but I couldn't lie to myself anymore. Sorry about the, um, kiss. I could just... It'll be okay if..."

"No," said Temari again. "What you heard, everything, was true. I don't understand it myself, but that's just how it is. I've fallen in love with someone who found girls--me, specifically--to be scary, and annoying."

Shikamaru was in silence.

"I guess...," began the flaxen-haired once again. "That's just how love is. No matter the trait you see in a person, your feelings would still rule over."

"Temari, I...," he walked closer the kunoichi in an attempt to send her a proper kiss until dusts in front of them formed in a circle, revealing the lass' brother.

"Oi," called the puppeteer, eyes pinned keenly at the genius. "The Kazekage is waiting for you-jaan," his optics moved at his sister, then back at the visitor. "What were you doing with Temari, standing close like that? You better not be doing something stupid or I'll have Karasu and Kuroari eat you whole."

"I...whispered something important to her, that's all," lied the Nara.

Kankuro still was doubting his explanation, but surely, they had no time for such. He let out an air from his nose, indicating a loud sigh, before turning away from them. "Let's go. Time's not our friend."

Both Temari and Shikamaru followed Kankuro's tracks, but behind them had their hands entwined with each other's, making sure the puppeteer noticed nothing.

Unfortunately, the information had been disseminated by a ninja upon overhearing Matsuri and her friends conversed about it. The day had been long for them, for Gaara began interrogating them about their relationship as well.