Day 8: Confusion

At the visions of people, it may seem Shikamaru and Temari were talking about something important--a matter that would concern the villagers and the two allied villages they stand on. Fortunately, they were correct. The two aformentioned shinobi had been walking together whilst discussing matters involving their hometowns.

On the hands of the maize-haired ninja of Sunagakure were three pieces of papers that she had been switching and flipping from one after another, seemingly examining them. Teal orbitals darted from various places, but surely her full attention was on the blanche-coloured thin pieces. "When an outbreak of--" intentionally cutting her own explanations, digits that had planted themselves on the documents finally moved towards the man she was with.

Eyes pinned on the floor, hands inside his pockets, mind appeared to had wandered somewhere, Temari could say he wasn't paying enough attention onto a new issue they had to deal with. Questions such as "why now when there's something important to talk about" began dancing in her mind. Brows furrowing slightly in question, arms resting back on her sides as she held the papers tightly enough to not let the wind take it from her, Temari stopped drawing more of her tracks.

Five more steps were made by the latter before realising that his friend had stopped moving forward. He said nothing, there was not even a change of facial expression.

Puzzled, Temari pinned her eyes onto him. "Shikamaru, is there something bothering you?" She was certain, but her thoughts battled with her--she needed to hear it come from him somehow, major reason was to clear a possible misunderstanding.

There was an attempt to speak, but words were unable to be expressed by the lad. Few seconds had passed; deciding to speak, he did. "They're coming," stated Shikamaru while having an unfading facial expression.

Temari was sure she was not able to sense anything of the sort--enemy, traitor, or anyone close to such descriptions. However, her mind remained on focus. Unremoving her hues off from him, the male continued talking.

"Your socks are untied."

Greatly, Temari was confused of what Shikamaru was trying to imply, and the way he was becoming--completely off. He's acting really weird. Is he under a spell again? "You cannot tie socks, Shikamaru," answered the female without doubts.

"But... Did you see that?"

Temari's surroundings had turned in silence, ears defeaning only to the sound of cicada as if in summer. No matter how of an intelligent woman the blonde was, things such as incomplete statements given by the other would still make her greatly ponder to herself to rummaged in her mind for answers. What exactly...? Curious, the lass shifted her gazes around her, checking if someone was trailing them or finding a hint of what Shikamaru was telling him.

The pineapple-haired male sighed, his utmost ability to control his emotions had been released. "Temari," he called again, the woman glanced at him without breaking a sweat. "You dropped your pocket."

Hah?!

With her brows completely furrowed in annoyance which was once in confusion, Temari pasted her teal digits onto the latter as if glaring. "Are you making fun of me?"

Why the hell am I doing this, anyway?! I could die! "No," quickly replied the teen. Being the person with 200% level of intelligence, he was able to think of a counter against her scary-sounding question. "I was quiet earlier because I was thinking of an answer for those."

She had another attempt of grabbing her tessen off her back, making a battle stance to release one of her jutsu towards the shinobi of Konohagakure.

The male's right foot stepped back, his body slouched as if readying himself for defense--not that he could defend himself from her deadly attacks, anyhow. Inside the village, Temari?! He asked himself, gulping whilst he thought of what awaits him. "T-Temari...-san...?" With an added suffix, he sure was feeling afraid now.

"You do know three of those what you told me weren't even questions, right?" Asked the female, eyes squinting madly. "Therefore, you should know that you need no answer for those statements. You clearly were making fun of me!"

"No, Temari! I-I was just...! Listen to me first!"

She stopped.

This is my chance...! "I saw you really worked up on the paperworks and I felt like you need to loosen up for a bit so I thought of something to tell you to get some of your stress out of you," replied Shikamaru calmly, albeit deep inside, he had been chanting to himself that it would be quite troublesome for him to die now--at least to his family and friends.

The female placed her tessen on her back again; her battle stance had been taken off. "Idiot, you should have told me sooner," although her facial expression was unwavering, she did feel a bit touched that Shikamaru would bother to do something for her even if in the middle of their duty.

A smile, which Shikamaru could rarely see, was flashed onto him. It had mesmerised him, tints of pink were visible on his cheeks. "I told you, the appointment is on the next Wednesday before today's date," said Temari before finally turning away. She had begun checking for the pieces of papers on her hand again, path being drawn forward.

Shikamaru was left in place, brain quite malfunctioning with the cause of Temari's previous statement. What? I didn't know today's not the meeting, but a date. Ah, what a drag. Thete was only one way to cure his confusion--ask her. "Temari, today's a date and not a meeting...?"

She didn't respond.

Was she going back at the jokes I did earlier?

Digits glanced to his side to see a bit of her, only to notice that the blonde form a mocking smirk towards, surely directed towards him. Dark blushes spread themselves across his face; he was certain that smirk had read what was in his mind, and it was clearly an answer.

"Back at you," was she only said, chuckling slightly.