Day 12: Blanket

Naruto and Hinata's grand wedding had ended peacefully, but people who attended and watched from the sidelines, not to mention the ones who travelled from other towns all the way to the Leaf Village, had strolled as quick as lightning to the open inns near the venue.

Unfortunately, even the ones on the far end, as well as the corners of the said village, had already been taken. Other inns were jampacked enough to not have a space even for inquiries.

Luckily, Temari and Shikamaru had reached an inn with the last vacant room. There were two beds, but sleeping with someone else would make her feel uncomfortable, rather in a relationship or not. Although it would double now since her heart has been taken by someone else.

There was the blonde's moment to speak--to tell the keeper she would take the room even if there was already someone else inside, instead of having no place to stay for two more days. "I'll--"

"Okay, occupy this room since no one has taken it yet," said the keeper.

Temari was about to send her appreciation until the person in-charge turned to her with a frowning facial expression.

"Oh? Ah... Temari-san. But the room that was only left had already been occupied. I didn't know you'll take it so I gave it away. I'm really sorry," apologised the old womanalread, head bowing of the same purpose.

No change of expressions, the kunoichi went outside and met her significant other. "The last room has been taken," explained the female. "I'll just head back to Suna today."

That quick? The day barely ended yet. And three days are great time to actually enjoy ourselves together. To prevent the other from going, Shikamaru began to compose his response, making his expressions appear normal. "You can stay in my place," he said. I hope I didn't sound desperate. So troublesome...

This sent red slashes scatter across her face. Several number of thoughts had begun flowing in her mind like blood gushing from a deeply cut wound. In one blow, the hard as rock way of how she was raised in Suna had been wiped out because a suggestion that was obviously made out of the blue.

"Wouldn't I disturb Yoshino-san?" Asked the female in utmost worry.

"Huh?"

Upon the mention of his mother's name, one of the lad's time with her had flashed itself back without his knowledge.

"Shikamaru!" It was a call made from the kitchen. The urgency in her voice was recognisable enough for her little boy to immediately stride around the house and get his feet drag him towards where his mother was.

Eyes slightly opened wide, the dark-haired shinobi held the edge of the mouth of the door, tilted his head to quickly see his parent, and began to ask question as if he was being chased. "What's wrong, mom?"

"How about making your girlfriend stay here for once?" Started the woman, head not turning to see her child. "You two have been together for so long, but I never really had a proper conversation with her."

The era where he would always deny there was something going on between them was over; thus, he gave his mother an honest answer this time. "She didn't want to bother--"

Yoshino effortlessly made a mad but comical facial expression and quickly approached her son. "You better not be stopping her from meeting me!"

"It's not that. Geez," replied Shikamaru as soon.

Yoshino let go of him.

"She would always insist to stay at inns for days because she doesn't want to be a bother. I've tried several times to make her stay here instead so she wouldn't have to pay for anything, but she'd always say no," he glanced to the side. "I don't want to force her to do what she doesn't want; besides, I don't want to die yet."

With such words planted in his memory, Shikamaru made his response for Temari. "She wouldn't mind," he said. She always wouldn't.

A small smile of relief carved itself onto the blonde lass' lips, right hand that has been holding the male's tightened but gently. "Alright," confirmed the female next.

Without further ado, both of them went to where the Nara resides as they were immediately greeted by the older woman--tone was undoubtedly of an excited one--as they were also bombarded with questions when they had their dinner. Long discussion about the two's relationship had been dug which soon had lead to their wedding day that was stopped by Shikamaru as quick as lightning.

Soon, they had found themselves sitting on Shikamaru's bed.

There was a heavy breathing seemingly uttered by the female, but hadn't she made her remarks in fear of misunderstanding things again. "Shikamaru," called the blonde. "Left or right?"

"I'll be on the floor."

"Huh?" His response made Temari furrow her brows in full question. "It's cold on the floor."

"I have my futon. I can handle the floor," he insisted again. I don't want her to think--

"I trust you, Shikamaru."

Damn. Seriously, does she have an ability to read minds? However so, the young man obeyed. He went onto the bed, lay beside her and faced the direction away from the kunoichi. It was awkward; he didn't know how to break the air they were having. As the pineapple-haired lad decided to face her now and speak about his plans on marrying her, Temari was already asleep. Drifting off that quick? She's probably that tired...

It took him a few moments to unconsciously be mesmerised at the countenance of the female. What the hell am I doing?! Come on, Shikamaru. It's already late; go to sleep!

He was about to shift to the other side once again when the blanket had been pulled away from him. Wh...? Shikamaru slowly moved back in because the cold was getting him, but unfortunately, it was pulled once again to the left, making him gently clutch the cloth so he could have his part. I should have gotten my own earlier.

In an attempt to stand, Temari turned to his direction this time, right hand landing on his waist for an embrace. "See," began the lass, her eyes closeed. "We're going to do nothing."

"Y-Yeah," managed the male to say, shifting his body towards her to return the embrace as well as to help his girlfriend gain more warmth.

At the opening of the door was where Yoshino was, smiling to herself as she had seen in her own eyes her son actually do something romantic towards the only girl in his life he had been interested in.

(A/N: I'm sorry for the slow updates; real-life isn't really going well for me as of the moment. I'll update whenever I can. I still haven't forgotten about the requests.)