Day 27: Sumptuous Feast

"Dammit," uttered the small Nara whilst drawing his path towards their household. "I need to get there as fast as I can," as he ran, teal-tinted hues shifted themselves to the side. Well, it's not like it still matters. School ended hours ago, and I'm pretty sure she heard...

Thoughts had intentionally been stopped when his feet had delivered him at the entrance of their home. The lights were still on, yet it was quiet.

Except for one particular sound.

A deep rumbling.

Portraying like he wasn't aware of his mother's anger, Shikadai effortlessly opened their door, scratching his head using his free hand then. "I'm hom--"

Image came before him which he could vividly tell was his death. Temari was standing in front of their door, obviously waiting for her son's arrival, undeniably running out of patience, the rather patently dark aura beginning to seemingly skyrocket shrouded her.

Proven so, Temari wasn't and would never be a friendly mom once she would of reached her limit.

"Mom, I can--" before Shikadai could speak more, his mother interrupted him by stomping her right foot on the ground once, mentally telling him to be in silence.

This is bad...!

"What kind of trouble did you engage yourself in again, Shikadai?!" Harshly, the blonde woman asked.

The lad shuddered in mixture of surprise and fear, his endearing countenance had been unintentionally gathering cold sweats whilst unconsciously dropping themselves on the ground. "W-Well... My classmates and I..."

Shikamaru, deliberately hiding away from his wife, had seen the fear engulfing his son's teal-coloured optics. Such a moment he realised Shikadai needed his help. Dammit, whatever!

"...Uh, Temari? What's happening?" Questioned her husband as he casually played along with the current situation.

With eyes comically shaded in white, Temari turned to her partner, teeth gritting. "It's all your fault that your son is beginning to be happy-go-lucky!"

Why the hell is this about me now?!

This had taken Shikamaru aback. Eyes immediately glanced towards the young Nara, motioning him to stealthy make his way to his room whilst his dad had his mother's attention.

Shikadai inwardly apologised to the older genius before sneaking his way upstairs.

A visible sweat drop of nervousness appeared at the side of Shikamaru's temple. "I-... I was just saying that, maybe, if we don't restrict Shikadai from doing what he actually wants to do, he wouldn't be rebellious like the other kids...?"

If only I had a clear vision of marriage back then, I wouldn't even bother engaging into one. So troublesome...

"You don't think of this as troublesome, do you?" The pitched-black spine-chilling ambiance emitting from her before had grown.

"N-No, I don't! Of course, I don't!" Responded him quickly.

Temari, who obviously opted not to listen to his seemingly schemes, grabbed her tessen which was effortlessly being used as if a cane not earlier.

Seeing her demeanour drew panic inside him. "Come on, Temari... I wasn't-- That's not what I meant!" Ah, shit! She's not gonna kill me with that, is she?! I gotta think of something quick...!

Shikadai, who was spying his parents and trying to see if such could still be resolved by his father, had lost all the faith he had for Shikamaru. Dad... Thanks for standing up for me. He told himself, yet more likely of sarcasm for his old man's nearing death.

Though quite far, the stripling could vividly see the situation. His father trying to explain, and his mother lifting her fan. Not awaiting for it to hit against the male, he closed his eyes.

Silence.

A few seconds of quietness had filled the Nara residence, only the chirping of the cicadas outside could be heard echoing around. Curiosity crawling in his spine, the young man unveiled his hues.

Shikamaru had his arms wrapped around Temari--undeniably so, it was the most effective way he thought of to stop his wife from her amok. Telling her to calm down was a death move, something he could provoke her to, therefore only had he went straight to his point of conversation. "Of course, I also crave the best for Shikadai. But, childhood only comes once; this is the only time he can enjoy being a kid. I don't want him to end up like me."

His last statement had profoundly captured Temari's attention. She placed her tessen down, teal-shaded eyes pinned themselves at his. "Yeah, you were worse back then."

Worse?! Talk about being heartless! But...

"Yeah, you're right. I always find things a drag which restrained me from doing or experiencing something enjoyable. Shikadai might think the same, but from someone who had a boring life, his isn't going on that bad!" A small yet conspicuous smile had came curving on his lips. "The only permanent thing in life is change. So, as he grows up, I want him to get all the fun he needs, the moments he could enjoy, and the troubles he could have. But that doesn't mean we will let him be in danger. That's what we're here for, Temari. To be his guide, and his friends."

Though greatly fearing his mother, Shikadai strongly went up to her, and unintentionally entered the adults' conversation. "Sorry about the trouble I've been giving you, mom, dad. I didn't really mean it. I told Boruto not to, but he still pushed through. As his friend, I don't want him to be in peril, so I came along."

Temari leveled the height of her son. "I understand you, Shikadai. I just don't want to keep hearing that you've gotten into trouble again. Look," the woman caressed her son's right cheek. "I don't want to lose you. As your mom, I am to protect you, should you also understand that I'm doing this for your safety."

Much like his father, Shikadai refused to argue further. "Yes, mom. I'm sorry."

The blonde gave the young man the embrace he needed, and petted his back tenderly--as a mother would.

However, simultaneously loud enough, the two released a sigh of relief.

Temari's wrapped arms had quickly unclasped themselves, the aura she had before was building up once again. A devilish frown carved itself on her lips, legs slowly aiding her own self to stand. "That sigh meant you both had just gotten out of  troublesome situation, right?"

Oh, shit...!

Before Shikamaru could explain themselves again, both men already had been thrown outside by Temari's tessen, along with the scariest phrase they wished to never hear.

"You two aren't getting dinner tonight!"

(A/N: Pfft--)