Day 25: Wedding Band

(A/N: Okay... I lied that there's no Valentine's update for ShikaTema. Trust me, I didn't know I will! Again, this hasn't been rechecked so I apologise if there are errors, or anything related to that sort!

Anyhow, enjoy!)

It had been seemingly uncountable already; even the seventh hokage couldn't figure out what the genius has been up to lately.

"Shikamaru, this is literally the sixth time I called your attention, but you look like you're into some deep thinking. Is something the matter? Issues around the village you're not reporting?" Questioned Naruto, one definitely on point.

"No, it's nothing important. Don't mind me," cheaply responded his right hand man.

Comically, Shikamaru felt himself being nudged by his friend, the mischievous look painted on Naruto's face was evident. "Are you planning something on the 14th, and that's why you're keeping it a secret?"

"It's not that, stupid!" It had drawn small slashes of pink on his cheeks, yet managed to retain his composure.

Naruto chuckled. "Okay, okay. I get it. Just make use of your day off so you could give her what she really would like," stated him.

"Yeah, I will," effortlessly replied the Nara before turning towards the door, and walking his way to their residence only to be blocked by the same person's defeaning accusations.

"I knew you're planning something on the 14th!"

"It's not it!" Quickly countered Shikamaru, and immediately slammed the door behind him to prevent Naruto from following, and actually leaving his post.

From the other side, he could still hear the hokage questioning him. Not until a second after, it turned quiet. Such changes piqued the latter's attention, allowing him to glance back to the place where he came from. "...?"

"Good luck, Shikamaru."

The softness, and trust in his voice were bright as the sun, meaning was vivid enough to take it seriously. Shikamaru only let out a smile, hands hidden inside his pockets. Then, he responded, "Yeah."

I'm actually not thinking about what to do on 14th... As he was drowned in his own thoughts, Shikamaru aimlessly kept walking, though his consciousness alone knew the path to his home.

"I'll be damned if she gets to see that before I do," muttered the latter under his breath, sighing much in disappointment. I can't put my life in line again. Now, where the heck did I put that?

Shikamaru mentally searched his memories roughly, wondering where he had misplaced one of the items his wife undoubtedly treasured. Eyes closed, brows furrowed whilst one raised in question. Still, unanswered.

Damn.

"Where did I--" words had been halted in the mid-air upon seeing a vague yet recognisable image of his significant other seemingly slouching. Yet, something came different. Temari, who had soften around them for long, had comical aura around her, running in colours--mostly violet, mixing with black--which, apparently, Shikamaru had figured wasn't a good news.

"Uh, I-I'm home--"

But Temari barely paid attention on it. "Where...," began the blonde, still not turning towards his husband. "...is it again?"

Albeit wasn't mentioned what she was pertaining to, her point was definitely clear to him. "The wedding band? Uh, it's...on the drawer?" The intonation of his response had undeniably showed how lacking his memory was. It was never Shikamaru's intention to forget; he was just too drowned in paper works and other important stuff surrounding him and Naruto that he had forgotten about his wife's belongings.

Back then, she was cute when she wore that frilly wedding band. But, now...

"Drawer?" Temari shifted her body towards their recently opened furniture which had as well allowed the male to turn to the same direction. It was open; easily put, the flaxen-haired female looked for it in there, yet it indeed was missing.

Shit, muttered him.

Temari's dark, sparkling eyes shifted at her husband next which made the latter shudder in surprise, right foot stepping back once. "Shi. Ka. Ma. Ru," every syllable of his name had the blonde step forward whilst the male was doing the other way around.

Unfortunately, the genius met the wall. Shit! Fighting against her is already a disadvantage! Not to mention that she cornered--

His thoughts had been cut off in the mid-air when soft, tender arms wrapped themselves on his waist which had thrown him in definite surprise. "Te...?" His attempt to utter her name had been overlapped by the same aforementioned feeling.

Why is she...

"Shikamaru," called the maize-haired female, embrace getting tighter yet gentler. "I...," began her, head burying deeper into his chest. "I-I love you..."

Wh--

"What did you just--"

"Don't be stupid! You heard me!" Answered the kunoichi as she refused to say it again.

Albeit raised in a different surrounding, Temari was sure no matter how she would do her utmost best to stay tough at most times, it still was impossible when she stands in front of her husband.

T-This is great, but what about the wedding band...? It was precious to her, yet...

"Sure, the wedding band is precious, but I...," answered her as if clearly depicting what her husband would utter.

Shikamaru took the opportunity--silently, he mustered his courage to gently force her to look up to him. Those wonderful, teal-coloured optics dropped at him eventually, narrowed brows matched her current expression perfectly. In his greatest attempt, the man moved his face closer to hers, which she openly responded by closing her eyes, and accepting him fully.

"Mom, I found your...," words of a certain little Nara had trailed themselves off upon seeing an image of his parents giving each other passionate kisses. Instead of getting disgusted because of what he recently witnessed, Shikadai felt a smile carve on his lips; such figures were rare as a diamond to find, and destroying a lovely moment wasn't currently a fitting decision to take.

The lad had let them be.

Shikadai crossed his arms behind his head and muttered, "I guess I'll just explain that I was the one who misplaced her wedding band, and not dad...after they're finished from their business," however, before he could shift his attention away from the two, at the corner of his same teal-tinted hues was an evident portrait of Shikamaru carrying Temari in his arms.

S-Seriously, they're going to...?!

Though surprised, and undeniably had the huge urge to stop them, Shikadai didn't--for he knew it was their time, and not his to interrupt them in any way. The stripling only sighed after his parents' door shut close, and headed upstairs to resume playing his favourite game with his friends Inojin and Boruto.