Day 30: Support

Temari, unexplainably impatient, had been walking to the left, and right--simply, back and forth, arms crossed over her chest, brows furrowed.

Shikamaru, unsurprisingly calm, freed a sigh he had been suppressing since. "Temari, Shikadai's just attending his classes. There's no way he's in danger."

With determined countenance, his wife shifted her teal optics toward him. "Shikamaru, have you ever heard...," the kunoichi took a breather to emphasise her worry. "...how a woman's instincts work? It's correct most of the time!"

Woman's instinct. A feeling, a vibe. Yeah, I heard of that.

"I'm going to look for Shi--" Temari's attempts had been halted into mid-air when the woman opened the door, and two familiar figures of Shikadai's friends--one who draws, and one who eats most of the time--were in front of their doorstep.

Both kids had their palms on their knees whilst trying their upmost best to catch their breathing, and speak of their purpose.

"What is it?" Roughly began Temari.

Inojin and Chouchou, though hadn't regained enough breathing, immediately looked up at the kunoichi, and said in unison, "S-Shikadai, he--!"

Shikadai?

Temari didn't hesitate to leave, nor pay her husband a glance to invite him. She knew he'd come along, not as the Hokage's right hand man, but as Shikadai's father. On the other hand, Inojin and Chouchou ran after them.

Unbearably so, Chouchou couldn't catch up to the three's speed. Whilst sprinting, the maize-haired woman began speaking. "Where did you see Shikadai?"

Seeing his friend's inability to keep up, Inojin answered for her. "At the border of the village to the west, auntie. There's a girl, and, well, things didn't turn out great."

A girl? Surprising. What did my idiot son do this time? Asked Shikamaru as he couldn't picture his child getting into trouble--not in his own will.

"I think I do have a hunch of what happened," mumbled the kunoichi to herself. And I'm pretty sure it's gonna be interesting.

As they were about to exit the village, the group could hear indistinct shouting--throwing of serious banters back and forth--certainly not from afar.

"Was that...?" Questioned Shikamaru as he intentionally left it hanging.

"Seems so," answered his wife, dropping her tessen beside her thereafter.

Followed were loud explosions.

"W-Well, it was...," Inojin's attempt of explaining the situation further to both of Shikadai's parents had also been paused into mid-air when they decided to push forward. Calmly, they approached where the battle was occurring.

"Why can't you just accept it, Shikadai-kun?!" Screamed the little girl. "Why can't you just accept the fact that I like you?!"

"Pfft--" though not purposely, Temari released a laugh of amusement. "All those for this?"

"Yep. What she said," claimed Inojin next pertaining to the woman's pleads as he strived to complete his interrupted elucidation from earlier.

Tears began streaming down from the brim of the lass' brown-coloured hues, determination crawling across it after. "If... If you really don't want to, I'll make you!"

"Huh? I already told you many times that I'm not into that. Besides, I'm just a kid; how would I know stuff like that?" Insisted the latter, yet was completely ignored.