Day 32: Honesty

Teal-coloured hues had been pinned at the ground as she sat at the edge of one of Konoha's buildings, legs hanging freely whilst crossed.

Seemingly pouting, eyes as if locked to the side, mumbling a few words had been released by the kunoichi. "He just doesn't get me, and refused to understand. He was devoured by what he alone wanted to happen," sighed the female. "And I've never seen him snap out like that... To me..."

"Temari! Get out of the way!" A piercing call alerted the ninja of Sunagakure, including the number of jounins and chuunins sent with them.

She looked at their team leader in haste, then returned it to the enemy approaching her--he was swift, almost his movements couldn't be seen, unable to process by the naked eye. 'I wouldn't be able to make it! Dodging him is going to be impossible!'

Releasing a heavy sigh of determination, Temari showed the third star in her tessen, before readying herself to blow their opponent away.

But three shinobi from Konohagakure, including her partner, were commanded to go towards her, and others taking care of their main enemy's minions. Hand seals had been made, allowing Nara's signature technique to be executed, and capture the man trying to infiltrate the village, and kill whoever gets in his way.

Temari expressed a scoff. "If I did move to dodge, I'd die, anyway. That kind of shinobi should be locked in prison until he repents; the jutsu he was using would only be stopped if he gets to kill someone with his own hands--it's as if it needs blood. And if I did die there, their lives will be spared," she shifted her gazes downwards, unconsciously watching the people peacefully walking thereafter. "I don't want him to die. Is he that stupid?"

The medic ninjas were deployed at the area where the battle commenced, whilst others from the prison had captured, and restricted the man's use of jutsu, and the man himself. He looked like a kid unable to get the item he wanted; the difference was he had both of his hands cuffed.

"Shikamaru, about earlier--"

Temari was aware the lad did say something, but she couldn't comprehend it.

Seeing it as obviously as it was, Shikamaru repeated his statement vividly this time. "I told you to get out of his way!"

The usually calm, collected person, one who wouldn't bother thinking about things that had already happened, just snapped out at the blonde kunoichi. "You're supposed to be smart, Temari. What the hell happened back there?!"

Confused at his sudden rage, the lass had gotten back at him. "Hey, what are you getting mad about? I did what was supposed to. And the mission went well. Why are you so irritated?"

"Irritated?" Reconfirmed the man. "Ah, right. You're a tough ninja of Sunagakure, you wouldn't understand. It's useless to explain it to you."

"What's that got to do with me being Suna's--"

"I don't want people to die, Temari! Not under my command. I'm done with this, and I can't let that happen again!"

Patience at limit, Temari delivered a slap against his right cheek, in hopes to bring him back to reality. "That's it? Because you didn't want people to die under your command? You shouldn't have became a ninja, then! You've known this, yet you pushed through."

"You're acting as if you haven't heard why, like you don't know the very reason," muttered Shikamaru.

"You're blaming me for doing something that would most likely save me from a pinch? Are you even that Shikamaru I know, the one with rumoured 200% I.Q.?"