Day 9: Planned

Brown digits began unconsciously scanning people passing by; there weren't much to see, nor hear as if he was to listen to gossips on purpose. Another scratch on the back of his head was made, it was the third time today.

"You sure are bored, Shikamaru," said Chouji whilst munching on his favourite chips. There were few pieces of his food fall out from his mouth, but he didn't pay much of an attention to it. Digits doing the same as his best friend's, he began speaking. "It's been three months. Are you sure you're not going to do anything?"

Shoving his hands inside his pockets, the pineapple-haired male heaved a sigh. "What do you mean? My mission just ended, I even took casual missions--helping an old lady locate her cat, consult people about their problem regarding a possible war...and stuff."

Chouji intentionally stopped himself from eating, then shifted his body towards Shikamaru to see a full image of him. "That! That exactly is the problem, Shikamaru!"

The dark-haired lad stepped his left foot backwards as if shielding himself from the other's upcoming attacks. "W-What's with you...?"

"I find it really odd," began Chouji. "Usually, once you're finished with your assigned mission, you're going to take the day off. But recently, you have been adding more than what you already have. You surely are thinking of something. Let me guess..."

Shikamaru's world paused, the tense Chouji was giving him made the male focus on whatever he was about to utter.

"Temari?"

That one word almost as if had thrown Shikamaru away from his place. Such a name he had been expecting to hear from his best friend finally was said; albeit was aware, it still surprised him. However, being his usual self, the black-haired male calmly composed himself before responding to the other. "Of course," replied the genius.

Chouji immediately turned to Shikamaru.

"...Not," continued the male, which made Chouji's worked up shoulders droop in disappointment.

"You know," began his chubby friend once again, eyes looked at him even if they were closed. "You should be honest to yourself, Shikamaru. Otherwise, people will always misunderstand you. They aren't born to have the ability to read minds, you know!" He shrugged. "Except for a few people who have such jutsu."

Izumo, one of the guards of the gates of Konoha, appeared before Shikamaru, unconsciously interrupting the conversation of the two. "The Hokage wishes to see you."

"Summoning me again?" It wasn't that he was against it; Shikamaru just felt like the calls for him was happening rather recently. He was technically in the quarters minutes ago. Scratching the back of his head, he agreed at the other. "I'll be there."

After that, Izumo vanished.

"Go on. It seems urgent," said Chouji, taking another bite of his favourite food after.

Without further ado, the noir-haired male made his way to the Hokage's place, stopping at the door before delivering three consecutive knocks to let the other people from the other side that someone had just headed their call. "It's Nara Shikamaru," introduced the latter.

"Come in," quickly responded from the person inside.

Shikamaru tilted the doorknob open; it creaked, only to reveal the person he had been thinking of this past three months--Temari. She was standing right in front of the Hokage's table. T-Temari?! The male attempted to speak once again, but was cut in the mid-air when the kunoichi did so.

"The Hokage went out for a bit. I asked for the reason, but never I was told, nor the ones guarding the door outside," explained the lass, teal hues locked at the image  of the genius of Konohagakure.

Composing himself, Shikamaru began releasing one of the questions he had been holding back. "Uh... Why are you here?" Asked the lad, tone sounded in a mixture of full curiosity, worry and happiness. There should be some kind of reason...! He clamped his fists tighter whilst awaiting for the female's replies, only to find himself approaching her upon locking the door behind them.

"Shikamaru...?"

The lad only wrapped his arms around the other, words unexpressed.

Tints of red were visible on Temari's cheeks as she tried to decipher Shikamaru's unexpected actions.

"I...!" Began the latter. "I...missed you, Temari."

The kunoichi gasped but it was inaudible for the male to hear. "Shi...," before she could even finish muttering his name, her lips had already been locked with his. All Temari unconsciously did was return the affection he had given her, her hands running on his waist, then upwards on his back.

I missed you too, Shikamaru.

Their hands began running around their bodies, particularly on the back and their sides. However, for Shikamaru, such wasn't enough. He broke from the kiss, and series of thuds could be heard from the outside.

"Are they doing...?" One of the jounins asked, ears pinned against the door.

Tsunade only leaned on the wall, arms crossed over her chest. "Kids these days...," stated the older female, tone of amusement surely could be sensed by the way she had spoken to everyone around her.

Next to the current Hokage was Shizune, Tonton and Chouji. "Should we be really listening to them at this state, Tsunade-sama?" Asked her assistant, small tints of pink could be seen in her face, clutching Tonton tighter but gentler. "I mean, it's private and..."

"No, but it's a Hokage's room, obviously," replied Tsunade as quick as lightning. "But let us roam around the village for a bit. Let's not bother them even if I really wanted to get in because that's my quarters they are in," her green coat moved along with her whilst it marvelously danced with the air.

Shizune followed Tsunade, the jounins and their other kind went back to their duties as per the hokage. Even if they desire to witness what was happening, they didn't bother to, for they might put their lives in line if they didn't obey their leader's orders.

Chouji only flashed a smile.