Day 22: Cold

(A/N: Wow. I didn't know writing stuff impromptu would make me get to that heated ending. :^]

Have fun reading!)

When did this kind of weather start?

The blonde kunoichi awoke in amidst of the night because of the creeping up cold on her skin. It wasn't snowing, nor such of a season, but the wind surely was blowing strong.

Teal-tinted optics uncovered themselves as it adjusted to the darkness. A tired sigh had been freed, her eyes moving to the direction where their windows were located.

It was left open, allowing the cold to effortlessly enter their home.

Hm...

Curtains, which were usually used to cover the sun's rays, were dancing openly, swaying along with the movements of the breeze. The dark charcoal-coloured night completely added to the cold, utterly low temperature for people like her.

She had permitted herself a few more seconds to be familiar of her surroundings once more, orbitals blinking thrice to make sure she really was awake. The female then sat up slowly, in hopes not to wake her partner up.

Temari shivered; arms were crossed under her chest whilst rubbing it in an alternative motion to supply herself more warmth.

Bare feet slowly dragged her body towards the window to lock them, but a groaning, muttering noise alerted her.

"Temari...," called her partner, both chocolate-coloured eyes were pinned at her direction.

Undeniably, the kunoichi was caught in surprise with her head immediately tilting to the direction where the voice came from. "Shikamaru?"

"Feeling cold?" Cheaply asked the Nara.

With her demeanour still in place, the female nodded her head in agreement once before responding to her lover. "Ah, yeah. I didn't know I left the windows open."

Shikamaru rolled slightly to the opposite side where he currently was facing to get a better view of his significant other. "More likely, the windows opened on its own," making sure that he had said it creepy enough, the man closed his eyes next.

Silence ran in between them, the breeze had blown stronger than the ones she felt earlier. However, very unlikely compared to normal girls, Temari didn't feel scared at all. "If you're going to scare me like I'm some child, give up."

Give up?

Shikamaru couldn't help but let out a slightly audible chuckle, yet sounded more likely that of a scoff. "I've done that three times already."

Obviously talking about surrendering, Temari's expression distorted into that of a seemingly confused female. "Three?" Aside from the Chuunin exams, there probably was something else she didn't notice him doing. However so, it wasn't surprising to know. "One was back in the examinations. What are the other two?"

Countenance curved into a provoking one as if to commence bantering in the middle of the night. "You really don't know?"

The blonde female only had thrown him her usual look, but definitely piercing through him.

Mentally shrugging, the man directly pointed his hues at her teal-shaded ones. "The Chuunin examinations, yeah. The second is this argument. And the third is, well...," optics traveled for a few moments before aimlessly continuing his explanation, the strong stature he had before had slowly died down as well as his confidence. This is damn cheesy, but... "My heart."

"Pfft--" Temari wasn't able to contain the tiny laughter that had escaped her lips; hearing something like that from someone who had deemed romance to be troublesome was indeed surprising for the lass herself.

Shikamaru had pink tints crept up his face upon his own words causing him embarrassment. I knew she would laugh at it! The kunoichi's next statement, however, had stopped the male from rummaging through his thoughts further.

"I just hope Shikadai doesn't turn out to be like you," though it sounded roughly, it was undeniably a joke--a way for a heated banter in a freezing cold to proceed on.

A tired expression quickly showed itself on the Nara's face matched with a released a sigh. "Hey, hey. Don't drag our son in this."

"I'm serious. He shouldn't become as lazy as you, and loveless."

"Says the one who--"

"Did you say anything?"

"Nothing, nothing," responded him, without doubt not wanting to expand their argument no more. His attempt to return her words to her had crawled back on its own, allowing him to keep his comments only to himself. Albeit already lovers, Shikamaru still couldn't see the littlest moment how Temari wouldn't appear scary to him at all.

Silence had conquered their place once again, the feeling the current weather was giving them was an addition. It made Temari shiver, so as the slightly covered Shikamaru. The creaking windows overlapped the quietness when the blonde had closed them; the cold had lowered, yet not so much.

"Temari," called the man again. "It's cold," said Shikamaru whilst left hand was indicating a gesture like that of an embrace.

A small smirk formed on the female's lips, arms crossing over her chest. "That is?" Reconfirmed her as she pertained about the man's movements, though was it already obvious.

"Come on. Don't make this hard for me," tirelessly replied the man.

The kunoichi only let out a slightly inaudible chuckle before heading on the bed with her partner. As she got in, Shikamaru wrapped his arms around her, pulling her closer and supplying her more warmth. This surprised the female to an extent, teal-tinted eyes widening because of the aforementioned feeling, as well as pink blushes evident on her cheeks.

"I-It's cold...," muttered Shikamaru once again, brown eyes gazing to the side as if to avoid Temari's. He then rested his head on hers and made sure he wasn't putting too much pressure on it.

Effortlessly, the cruelest kunoichi struggled her way upwards to level the gazes of the latter, which undeniably had put him in shock. "Isn't it unfair if we're both feeling cold, but I'm the only one receiving warmth?"

"Temari, don't tell me you want to--"

"No, stupid," said Temari. Without further ado, she placed her right arm over his waist to hug him too, but whilst facing him.

I just told her not to make things hard for me...!

Unable to contain his feelings much to his dismay, Shikamaru went on top of Temari and pinned her on the bed.

"H-Hey, what...?" Eyes remained locked with the other's; their heavy breathing becoming visible in the dark.

"I'm sorry," mumbled him, but definitely comprehensible. After such, Shikamaru attacked Temari with a deep kiss, before both of them had taken another breath. Such seconds felt like an hour, unquestionably.

The lass only smiled, arms snaking behind the man's head before Shikamaru had found himself kissing her again, but this time with his partner returning it.

Surely, the cold didn't last too long, but the night did so.