Day 11: Jealousy

(A/N: I apologise if it didn't come out as you expected, Forbiddenxox2. Thank you for suggesting the plot!)

Me? In love?

The Kazekage's sister had been pondering about the same thought over and over. No matter how well she would seek for an answer, it only would always lead her to one. Indeed, she was in love.

...A shinobi needs no emotions. This can possibly become a hindrance in battle, then why did I...?

To divert her attention away from such an unexpected manner, the blonde began pulling an unopened scroll which had been lying on her wooden table for a few minutes now. "Meet Shikamaru at the entrance of Konoha, and he will tell everything you need to do." Below it was a sign of the Gaara's name together with the needed signature.

Meet Shikamaru? Noticing how her heart beat's pace had turned faster only forced herself to shake her head as also the embarrassment to help her snap back to reality. It's all work. It's nothing else!

Upon stuffing herself up inside the Ichiraku Ramen--since it was the closest food stall from the entrance--Temari had left upon paying all that she had consumed. All the walk she did from Suna to Konoha made her slightly starving, that's why going for dango was a total no. At least, she needed something by far better than a stick of dangos.

Why was Shikamaru not at the entrance as the Kazekage had written on the scroll? He sure is a lazy guy, but it also is unlike him to be pretty late on a mission. Besides, we need to meet before we head to the Hokage's room for the full details of the mission. The female let out an unnoticeable gasp. Maybe, I'm just overthinking about him?

A familiar stature of a light blonde hair female was standing before another vivid image of the man Temari was thinking about. Nara Shikamaru. What are they doing? From such a distance, it appeared to the shinobi that they were talking about something important, blushes on the other girl's face were clearly visible. ...?

Since she also needed the genius for a mission assigned personally by the Kazekage, the lass began drawing her path towards the two, only to stop in a certain range, not wanting to invade the privacy of their conversation. An empty wooden bench was resting just a step to her left, which Temari took as of quick. As much as how she wanted to know what they were talking about, the blonde kunoichi still had her respect for such things; too intelligent to be acting like Naruto now.

There were several stealing of glances towards Shikamaru whilst her hands were clutching the front edge of the once empty bench, arms stretched, left and right legs swaying in opposite directions. Temari made the last glance a stare--more likely, watching the two of them.

In short span of moments, the light blonde-haired girl planted a long kiss on Shikamaru's lips which surprised both him and the kunoichi.

"...?!" How...indecent. With haste, Temari stood, and began walking away. Indecent! I can't believe you, Shikamaru!

"Ah, Temari!" The pineapple-haired male began approaching the other whom he was supposedly be meeting today, but the wind user only kept walking away. What's her problem...?

Shiho was left in daze, unsure how to explain her doing. She knew those two had been a thing as per the rumours, however... They aren't married yet, why not? Yet, there was a tinge of guilt deep inside her.

"Temari! Hey!" Shikamaru kept shouting at her, but never did she give him attention. "We got a mission we need to do together; why go back to Suna now?!" Asked the young lad more, seeing that she was making her way to the gates of Konohagakure.

She didn't turn towards him, but Temari did speak. "Why don't you...," noticing her emotions get through her, she consciously trailed off her statement. "Aren't you going to continue your meeting with her? You seem like you're talking about something important and private, so I see no point interrupting."

"What are you talking about?" Returned the male, voice somehow sounding mad--but it was more of a confused one.

"Go get a room," cheaply stated the female ninja, pertaining to what she had witnessed earlier as she proceeded walking forward.

Shit. Did she...see what happened earlier?

"Temari!" Shikamaru immediately grabbed her wrist, and somehow had forcefully made her turn to his direction. "It's not what you think it is!"

"What am I supposed to think of, Shikamaru? I wasn't wrong; guys aren't really different when they are in heat. Even in public? Unbelievable."

"She approached me! I was caught of guard!" Unsure what kind of reply he was awaiting, the male shinobi had spoken once again. "Are you jealous?" It was a pure hunch, but his faith for that question was undeniably high.

A small gasp had been freed by the flaxen-haired lass as Shikamaru had nailed her problem with him perfectly.

Albeit sounding exasperated, brown orbs landed onto the female's teal ones with his typical facial expression, but was suggesting a little worry for the other. "It's not like that... She said she likes me, and I...," he paused for a bit to scratch the back of his head. "...told her I like someone else. That was when she kind of forcefully kissed me. Shiho promised that she will let her feelings go after that so... If you're mad, don't be."

Even most stone-hearted person can turn soft once they fell in love.

"Great, then," she cheaply replied, steps moving forward.

"It's you," replied Shikamaru, doing his best to hide the embarrassment and nervousness he was feeling.

The answer she wasn't expecting, but honestly had been wanting to hear. However, she placed her best bet to act normal. Probably a genjutsu. "Ah, great," but she wasn't doing well enough. "Good, it's nice."

Letting out a sigh, Shikamaru began. "You're thinking of this as a joke, right? It's not," tirelessly, the latter walked towards the female and offered his cheeks. "If slapping me is the only way to make you realise you're not under the spell nor I am joking, slap me."

Glowing red, teal hues darted around unpredictable directions first before landing onto the genius at last. She lifted her hand, readying herself to do what he wanted.

Shikamaru closed his eyes.

Why the hell did I suggest a stupid idea?

However so, instead of a hard palm slapping him, it was actually a pair of lips dropping themselves for a few seconds on Shikamaru's right cheek. "Wh...? Tema--" Was that a punishment or...

"Don't speak," replied Temari, averting her orbs onto the scroll she had been holding open. "L-Let's finish our work before the nighttime comes. I need to go back to Suna as soon as possible," she explained, along that was to stop such an awkward atmosphere taking over of them.

She just kind of admitted she likes me too, but here she is, thinking about work. I can't really say I dislike that part of her, though. "Alright, okay," he responded whilst scratching the back of his head.

"Ah, right," began the lass again, turning to the Nara this time. "You said she kissed you, right? Let's remove it," invited the female with a straight face like the usual.

"Eh...?"

---

A certain puppeteer and a red-haired kage somehow revealed a small image of themselves from hiding behind a house near the gates of the aforementioned village. "I think it went well, Gaara," said the teen upon seeing his sister and Shikamaru kiss.

He didn't respond but a sigh of relief. The Kazekage began turning away, eyes closed like the usual for a moment. It took him a few seconds before speaking to his brother this time. "Let's go. We need to participate on several meetings scheduled today."

Kankuro had finally brought his guard down, hands sliding inside his pockets. "What was that mission you've given her, by the way?"

Without hesitation, he responded. "A vacation in Konohagakure," began Gaara. "For the whole week."