Day 16: Looking Back

(A/N: Thank you, @whereami_, for your wonderful request!)

Sigh...

It was made to as if control herself from getting too angry, and release her motherly self to listen to her young son's explanation this time. "What did you do with Boruto earlier, Shikadai?" Her voice gently ran through the streets, but it was only audible between her, the child, and her husband. To others, it would sound a definitely incomprehensible murmur.

The young Nara certainly had heard it, but decided not to give it much attention. No matter how such a kid like him explain something to his parents, he still was wrong anyhow. Telling them and picturing that it wouldn't change anything made him think it was only nothing but a waste of effort, and that it was troublesome.

"Shikadai!" Temari pulled his right ear to force the little lad to turn to her, and show his tiniest attention was onto her.

The young man reacted to it, hands landed flat on his mother's. "Oww!" Said him in pain. "I didn't do anything! I was just caught up with it!"

"Why are you making excuses?! It's so unmanly!" The blonde woman let out a sigh, letting go of her son thereafter. "Come on, let's apologise to Boruto's parents."

Standing from his place, he began defending himself. "We don't need to do this, mom!"

Teal hues squinted in annoyance and madness, comical, deep black aura started covering his parent's body, which he took as a hint that there's no use stopping her now. Shikadai let out a sigh, and obediently followed Temari.

It took them five pairs of steps before images which appeared vague but obviously familiar were before them. Vivid silhouettes of Naruto, Hinata, Boruto and Shikamaru came into their sights.

"Oh, Temari," called the current hokage, hands on his waist. Along with his utter was his wife smiling towards Shikamaru's family, muttering Temari's name in surprise. "What's up? You missed your husband already?" Laughed Naruto.

"Naruto, stop that," said a certain pineapple-haired male.

"No," quickly responded the kunoichi. "We're here to apologise to--"

"Shikadaaai!" Called a certain little maize-haired ninja, nudging his gadget towards the other, completely leaving his little sister. "Trade! You gotta trade me the items I needed before I die!" Said him, pertaining to his character in-game.

The latter's teal-tinted optics glanced at him, brows furrowed. "I got it. Geez, take it easy," thereafter, he brought his console out and began chatting with Boruto about their favourite game's newest update.

Another sigh had been released by Temari before moving her eyes towards her son after she did with Shikamaru as if telling him mentally that he needed to speak with his child. Again.

Shikamaru had to make sure not to let his wife catch him once he would think of such conversations a pain next time.

Hinata's blanc-coloured hues dropped onto Shikadai, then moved towards Temari upon adoring the lad. "I remember when it all started in Chuunin Exams," glanced at her husband after. "Right, Naruto-kun?" Asked her whilst carrying Himawari on her arms.

The hokage formed a mischievous smirk on his lips before turning to Shikamaru. "Yeah, I heard they disliked each other, but ended up together anyways. Talk about a playful destiny."

"I seriously thought Shikamaru-kun likes Temari-san from the very beginning. But knowing him, I told myself I was wrong," chuckled Hinata.

The female made a follow-up question regarding Shikamaru and Temari's love life, as well as continuing Naruto's intentional teasing, but only what had been vividly audible in Temari's ears were her husband's words.