Chapter 1 - The Mission

Fionna's P.O.V

---

We were walking on the trail to the Candy Kingdom. Cake and I where on our way to the Candy Kingdom because Prince Gumball had an important mission for Cake and I.  

"I wonder what the mission is, Fionna. Do you think the mission has to do with the Ice Queen?" Cake asked.  

"I don't know, maybe. Cake can you stretch us to the Candy Kingdom? My legs hurt," I said while holding her leg. 

"Sure honey. Jump on my back and I will get us there in no time," Cake said with a smile on her face. 

I jumped onto Cake's back and I held on to Cake's short fur. Cake stretched all the way to the Candy Kingdom. I noticed that the sun was going down and the sky looked beautiful. The pink and yellow colors in the sky mixed together while the sun rested between the mountains. It seemed like it could get dark any minute now. When we got to the doors of the Candy Kingdom I noticed that the street lights were flickering. Weird, the lights are usually fine. Cake knocked on the door and we waited for Gumball to come out. While we waited I heard a snap of a twig. Cake jumped and her fur stood up. 

"Oh my glob! What was that?" Cake asked. 

I looked around, seeing nothing but darkness. The wind blew harder, making my golden hair fly everywhere.  

"I don't know, it must of been an animal or something," I said looking out into the darkness. 

That's when we heard the large door open with Prince Gumball standing there. 

"Why hello Fionna and Cake, what a pleasure it is to see you two. Please, come in. You two must be freezing," he said. 

Cake and I walked in and Gumball shut the door behind us. We walked with him down the hallway and lead us into a yellow and pink room. Cake sat down on the pink colored couch with me following her from behind. Gumball sat in the chair in front of us with a worried look on his face.  

"Fionna and Cake, I have called you to the Candy Kingdom with an important mission. There is a threat all around Aaa, especially in the Candy Kingdom," Gumball said looking down. 

"Well what's happening?" I asked without trying to be rude. 

"The people of Aaa are disappearing every night an I need you to track down the person that is responsible for this. My candy people are scared and upset, I need your help to find this person," Gumball said. 

"Don't worry Gumball, we will find who ever is doing this. Do you know where this person could be?" Cake asked. 

"I have calculated that this person takes their victims from the forest than anywhere else. Also, they like to do all this at night," he said looking at us. 

"You can count on us to finish the job!" I said with a cheerful voice.  

Then I felt my cheeks getting hot. It was like I could feel them burning off. Why was this happening? I knew I liked Gumball, but why was I blushing? 

"I knew you two would do it, the Candy Kingdom honor you two for taking this task. We are very grateful," Gumball said while getting up. 

We followed Gumball to the door and he wished us the best of luck. Cake grabbed me and threw me on her back. As we walked to the forest Cake held a smile on her face until she started to speak. 

" Oh Fionna. You like Prince Gumball," she said looking at me. 

I looked at her with my cheeks getting red," I do not! I only like him as a friend!" 

"Yeah, sure," she said rolling her eyes.  

As we approached the forest Cake shrunk down and we started to walk the forest. I wonder how we would find this monster without know what it really looked like. The cold night's wind howled around us making it harder to walk. Eventually the wind died down and we got to walk better. Then we heard noises; snaps of twigs, clawing at a tree, and running water.  

Cake looked up at me with her eyes big and said," I am scared Fionna. We should turn back around an go home." 

"No! We need to complete this mission! Don't worry Cake," I said while hugging her.  

We hugged and started to walking again. That is when we heard the hissing noise in front of us.