Chapter 25

Marshall Lee's P.O.V

I waited in the Waiting Room for Fionna to get out of her surgery. I floated in the air invisible, close to the ceiling, so no one could feel or see me. While I was up there I had a huge pain of guilt through out my body. How could I have been so stupid? I should have been more careful, Fionna doesn't deserve this pain. I do. She deserves so much better than me, but she wanted me. She wanted me and no one else.

Fionna's P.O.V

I opened my eyes. A nurse was right next to me.

She smiled and said," Your surgery went well. It is 4:00 in the afternoon. Please rest here while I get your friend Cake."

I nodded my head. I didn't want to see her at the moment. I am still mad about what she said about Marshall Lee.

"About time you opened up those eyes of yours," A familiar voice said.

"Marshall Lee," I said smiling.

"Hey there. How do you feel?" He asked.

"Fine, I feel all loopy," I said.

"Oh, you're on drugs. Ha," He said laughing.

"Whatever. Where are you?" I asked.

"Right here," He said turning visible, Marshall was right in my face," So how long are you going to take it in here. It gets boring in here from my experience."

"It's getting boring and I have to go to Gumball's Ball tomorrow. I wonder what the theme is? I hope it's not pink," I said.

"What a wad," Marshall Lee said.

Then the nurse opened the door and Marshall Lee turned invisible. I saw Cake walking up to me and telling the nurse to give her and I a minute alone.

"How was the surgery?" Cake asked.

"It went great. I don't feel anything," I replied.

"Fionna, I am sorry for what I did. I didn't mean it," she said.

"You know what Cake! NO! I will not sit here and take this. You mean what you said about him. You are always with Lord Monochromicorn, but do I say anything? No," I yelled.

Cake looked at me with tears in her eyes. I didn't feel sorry for her because she deserved it. She was always with Lord Monochromicorn. I wasn't jealous, I like him. Cake was just never around anymore.

"You're right Fionna," Cake said," I haven't been a sister to you. You have been there for me, but I haven't. I need to support your decisions, not look down on you because I feel a certain way. I will be more supportive and learn to trust you. I am so sorry."

I smiled and said," Thanks Cake. I really needed to hear that."

We leaded in to hug each other. I hope everything is going to be ok.

"Guess what Fionna," Cake said while sitting back in her chair.

"What?" I asked.

"Tomorrow is the party that celebrates what you have done for the Candy Kingdom," she said.

"Yeah, I know," I said.

" Well I know what theme it is going to be," Cake said with a smile.

"Oh Glob, please don't tell me it's pink," I said.

"No it's not pink. It's a Masquerade Ball!" Cake exclaimed.

"Masquerade? Well that is different," I said.

"Made your dress and mask and everything!" Cake said smiling.

"Cool Cake. Thanks," I said.

Then Marshall Lee reappeared from my other bedside and said," You girls are not going to talk about dresses all day, are you?"