Chapter 27

Marshall Lee's P.O.V

Fionna was gone for over 20 minutes and I started to get worried. I tried to find Cake to see if she has seen Fionna, but she was nowhere to be seen. I looked around for her, but had no luck. Now I have to use my awesome vampire nose and sniff them out. Soon enough I found her and Gumwad's scent. I followed it and it let me to the top of some stairs, ok weird. Then I smelled a strong scent of blood on the other side of a blue door. I don't think gum bleeds so this must be Fionna's. I reached out for the knob and turned it, but it was locked. I wasn't going to wait any longer to find my Fionna. I kicked down the door to see Fionna tied up in a chair with a cloth over her mouth. She looked panicked.

"Fionna?''

Then it went dark.

Fionna's P.O.V

I saw Marshall bust down the door. It was cool in the moment, but I had to snap back into reality. I tired to talk, but my mouth was covered by a cloth. Then a wrench hit Marshall in the back of the head.He fell on the ground and I screamed.

"Well that was easy," said a familiar voice.

It was Gumball. He put some sort of chair on Marshall Lee's body and tied him up to a chair. Luckily, I manage to get the cloth off of my mouth by wiggling my head.

"Why are you doing this!" I yelled.

"You don't get it,'' Gumball said while turning on the lights.

I saw a red looking sword on a table next to Marshall and some potion on my right side.

"Tell me why you're doing this," I screamed.

"Well I sent you out to kill a monster, but instead you fall for him. What a human thing to do,'' he said.

I was so mad, I wanted to punch him in the face for saying that.

"Then you bring him into the Candy Kingdom, but you forgot we have security cameras in here. I see you helping him out. Another stupid human thing to do. So I had people kidnap you so we could kill this beast, but he already found you. Then you end up in the hospital because he gave you a disease. And again, you bring him back here. So I brought you up here knowing he is going to look for you so I can kill this beast," he said.

My jaw dropped. Marshall isn't a monster.

"DON'T KILL HIM, PLEASE!" I said while feeling tears run down my cheeks.

"Don't worry Fionna. I have a plan for you. In the past years the candy people want a king, so I will give them one. I have seen you grow up and now that you are really hot I will make you my bride," he said while coming towards me.

"YOU WON'T GET AWAY WITH THIS," I said.

"Oh you will forget. With this potion you will not remember any of this or that beast. I will spray this in the ball room so everyone can forget that this "ball" happened. With him dead you will become my bride,' he said with a smile.

I heard Marshall waking up, but he couldn't move. That chain must be for vampires because he can't move.

"Fionna,'' he said.

He didn't worry about what was happening, he just wanted me to be safe.

"Marshall,'' I said with joy.

"Oh save it you two. Soon you won't even know that this ever happened," Gumball said.

"Marshall he is going to give me a potion to forget you and this night and then he is going to kill you. I want you to know that I have felt so much better with you in my life and I also want you to know that I Love You,'' I said with tears in my eyes.

His eyes started to water," Fionna, I feel the same way. You make me feel better and I feel more relaxed when I am with you. I Love You to Fionna. No matter what."

I heard the noise of a bottle open, I knew it was that potion. I didn't care. Marshall and I wanted to see each other while this was happening. I saw his hand trying to reach for my, but he was 10 feet away. It didn't matter. I tried reaching for his arm with the ropes around my arms, but it wouldn't work so I only put my hand out. We smiled together with tears in both of our eyes. I felt true love between us.

Then something cold hit my skin.