Chapter 31

Fionna's P.O.V

It's been a year since the incidence with Gumball and things are starting to fall into place. The Candy people have agreed for Cake and Lord Mocro to rule the Candy Kingdom since Gumball doesn't have any living relatives. Lemongrab hasn't been seen around the Kingdom thankfully. Cake and Mocro have been ruling the Kingdom well and there hasn't been any threats to the Kingdom. Marshall Lee has been staying at the treehouse with me since Cake has been gone and we went on a lot of adventures. But there is one day that was very special.

----

"Fionna, nice fight with that werewolf," Marshall said as we walk home from another adventure.

It was about 7o'clock.

"Thanks," I said breathing heavily.

"But if it wasn't for me. You would have gotten crushed," he said with a smirk.I had to see that coming.

"Ha, yeah ok," I said rolling my eyes.

Marshall opened the door and we sat down in the couch.

"Glob I'm tired," I said.

"Oh, I almost forgot. Fionna. Go and get ready. We are going out to eat today and it's kind of fancy. We leave at 8:15," he said.

"What? Why and where?" I asked.

"Just do it please," he said begging.

"Is the vampire king begging me to do something?" I asked smiling.

"Ugh. Yes, now please go and get ready. I am going to my house and I will my back," Marshall said.

"Ok," I replied back.

Marshall got up and opened the door. He waved good bye and left. What am I going to wear? He said it was kinda fancy so I guess I have to where a dress, but not a ball gown. Ew, I don't like those. Wait, I need Cake's help.

I picked up the phone and called the Candy Kingdom. When I finally reached Cake she said she would be there in 5 minutes.

--5 minutes later--

There was a loud bang that came from the door so I got up and opened the door. Cake stood there with some supplies in her hands, but she wouldn't let me touch it.

"Go take a shower Fionna. You're all sweaty," Cake said.

"Fine," I said shrugging my shoulders.

I knew she was right, but I was kind of tired. I climbed up the stairs and went into the main bathroom. I turned the shower on and got underdressed. Geez my hair got longer, it was long than my feet. I won't cut it though, I hate scissors. I cleaned my hair and my body in the shower and turned off the shower. I wrapped a towel around means opened the bathroom door to see Cake standing there with a dress.

"This will be prefect. It's not over the top or to simple," she said with her eyes being huge.

It was a black colored dress that had straps on it. The dress was a little shiny and it looked knee length. Cake helped me put it on and it looked really pretty. That means a lot since I hate dresses. The dress was the perfect length and color.

"Now let's do your hair Fionna," Cake said.

"Ugh," I moaned.

"Don't complain. You will look good," Cake said smiling.

Cake was heating something up, I think it was a curling iron because I remembered how Cake used it on me. Then Cake grabbed the scissors on my desk and I froze.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Just cutting a little bit of your hair Fionna. Don't worry," Cake said calmly.

"No," I complained.

Cake held me down and cut some of my hair. I screamed the entire time, but she managed to cut it to my hips.

"I don't like you right now," I said folding my arms.

"Aw, don't worry. Your head feels lighter, right?" She asked.

"Fine, it does feel lighter," I said.

"Now let me style it," she said grabbing the iron.

I sat still and she curled each piece of hair into the prefect curl.

About 25 minutes later Cake was finished and put some make up on me. It was just mascara and some blush, just simple. I looked into the mirror and I looked completely different. I was really pretty. I hugged Cake and thanked her.

"Don't worry about it. It was fun," she said.

Then she handed my some black flats and a necklace that had a big red gemstone in the center surrounded by small red, shiny beads.

"Cake were did you get this?" I asked.

"One of the Kingdoms gave it to us as a gift and I never wear it so I gave it to you," Cake said.

"I love it. Thank you," I said when the door rang.

"I think your date is her for you," Cake said.

I looked at the clock and it said 8:30. Wow, time flies. I grabbed a small black bag with my sword in it, of course, and went down stairs with Cake. I hugged her again and I opened the door. Marshall Lee was wearing a black suit, that looked like it was made especially for him, with a dark red tie. His jet black hair was "cleaned up" but still had a rock band look. He put out his hand and I grabbed his hand. I waved to Cake and Marshall picked me up bridle style. I loved it when he did that.

Then we were off to our date.