Chapter 2

Cake jumped back while I stood in front of her. I saw a dark shadow between the trees.

" You must be here to capture me. You follow the orders of the Royal Prince, you must be honored," the figure said in a sarcastic tone.

"I am here to capture a creature, you must be it. Come out and you won't get hurt," I said holding my sword.

"Hurt me? Well you obviously don't know who I am then. I guess I should introduce myself," the figure said landing their feet on the ground.

The person came out of the shadows and walked to Cake and I. It was a guy, he looked to be my age. He had black hair and wore a red plaid shirt with black stripes, dark blue jeans, and brownish-red and white sneakers. Then I noticed the two small circles on his neck, I read from a book that Cake found and it said that the circles mean that he is a vampire. A vampire taking people? Now that seemed about right.

"I am Marshall Lee the Vampire king. The one to drink the blood out of you. I suspect you must be the bounty hunter hunting for me. I am surprised that you are the one to capture me. Interesting," he said with a grin on his face.

I looked at him with a stern look on my face. I wasn't going to go down without a fight. All of a sudden he flew up into the air. The moon glowing around him, to be honest he looked like he could hurt anyone. He was perfect looking, his face had the perfect smile. I closed my eyes and shook my head. What am I doing? Am I falling in love with him?

Cake grabbed me and whispered to me," Fionna? Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I got this," I answered back.

Marshall Lee came down to the ground and walked towards me. I held my sword up, trying to look tough. He hissed at me; Cake's claws dug into my skin. I could tell she was afraid.

"Stay back or I will hurt you!" I said looking him into the eyes.

"Not a chance," he said.

Then he tackled me. Cake grabbed him with her long arms, but he pulled her off of he. Marshall Lee held her up in the air and threw her across the trees. I heard her land onto a tree.

"Cake!" I cried out.

"I am fine, don't worry," Cake said in a weak voice.

Marshall Lee attacked me again, but it was different. It wasn't like he was going to kill me. I kicked him in the stomach and he fell on his back. That's when he grabbed my feet and threw me into the bushes. I felt every twig and branch I landed on. Something was poking me, I looked down to see to my right that an old spear went through my side. I felt the blood dip down my side and onto my right hand. I only screamed for a second and then all I felt was some pain. Marshall Lee went by my side immediately. There was a worried look on his face. There was no smile.

"I am so sorry. I was only playing. You need to get medical help. I can help you, don't worry. What's your name," he said with his eyes wide open.

I said in a weak tone, "My name is Fionna."