Chapter 24

Fionna's P.O.V

As the days went on Marshall stayed over at the treehouse with me. When the day of the surgery at the Candy Kingdom came, Marshall went home to go take a shower and get more clothes for him to wear. In the morning I woke up to an empty treehouse. I had to get ready for the surgery, all by myself. I didn't mind though, I was just a little nervous. Then there was a knock on the door. Thinking it was Marshall, I opened the door with a smile. To my surprise it was Cake.

"I thought the surgery started later today!" I exclaimed.

"It does, I just wanted to help you get ready," Cake said calmly.

"Oh, ok. Thanks," I said.

"Go take a shower, Honey," she said.

"Ok Cake," I said climbing up the ladder to my room.

I went into the bathroom and turned on the shower. I looked into the mirror to see a scar on my side. The scar was a dark red color. It kind of shocked me because I didn't realize it was so dark. I looked at my hair, it was long and tangled. Since I got just got out of bed, it didn't surprise my that it was tangled. I got into the shower and washed my hair and body. When I got out of the shower, I put on my light blue shirt and my black jeans. Cake had a hairbrush and decided that she wanted to do my hair. It was a little weird because she never did my hair for me. Cake started to brush out the tangles in my gold hair and started to talk to me.

"So Fionna. I have been thinking about Marshall Lee and you," she said.

"Ok, but Cake. You know that this is my choice," I said.

Cake braided my hair and said," I know it is, Fionna. I just want you to be happy. I just think that a monster can't make you happy."

Cake tied my hair with a hair tie.

"Cake! You don't decided anything for me! Don't call Marshall Lee a monster because he isn't one. He is a great person with an image you don't like. You only see on the surface. You judge people to quickly, you don't see what's only the inside," I yelled at her.

There was a loud knock that came from the front door. I went down stairs and opened the door.

It was Marshall Lee. I grabbed my green backpack and said," You know what Cake, I am going to the Candy Kingdom with out you. I can go there without you!"

I grabbed Marshall and slammed the door.

"Let's go to the Candy Kingdom for the surgery," I said to him.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"I don't want to talk about it," I said.

"Ok, well before we go to the hospital I thought we could have some fun," he said with a smile.

I smiled and walked with him towards the Candy Kingdom. We went into the forest and found a tall, old building. It looked run down and moldy.

"Don't worry, I will be there to protect you," he said with a smirk.

"I don't need you to protect me," I said smile.

"Haha, trust me," he said grabbing my hand.

We went into the building and looked around. There was a few pieces of old furniture lying around. It was a 2 story building. Marshall Lee went to the second floor and looked around.

"There's nothing in here, we should go to the hospital," he said.

"Ok, well it was cool to see something so old," I said.

"You know, I could be as old as this building," he said.

"Old Man," I said with a smile.

"Hey, your in love with this old man," he said pointing at me.

"Well... Um... Well I can't argue with that," I said.

Marshall Lee came closer to me and grabbed my arms. He pulled me against him and kissed me. I kissed him back, I felt passion while kissing him. I pulled away from him.

"We better get going, I don't want to be late," I said.

"Yeah, but I will always be with you. I will be waiting for you when you are done with your surgery," he said.

"Thanks Marshall, I knew I could count on you to be there for me," I said.

"By the way, I like your hair like that," he said.

"Thanks," I said smiling.

I tried to forget what Cake said about Marshall. It was rude and she was wrong. I just wanted to be with Marshall. We left the building and went to the Candy Kingdom. Marshall Lee turned invisible and stayed close by me. I was checked in the hospital and I had to put on a hospital gown.

As I put on the hospital gown, Marshall Lee said," Wow, that hospital gown looks sexy on you."

"Marshall shut up! It looks ugly any way," I said.

Marshall Lee laughed. I laid on the hospital bed while the nurse put an IV in my arm. They gave me some sleeping medicine and I started to doze off.

"Don't worry, I will be waiting for you," Marshall Lee whispered into my ear.

I smile and then blacked out.