30|THE ALCHEMIST

Ally strapped down her sword to her motorbike, checking twice to make sure it was locked in place. Her wedding ring was strung to Bucky's dog tags which were hidden in the inside of her suit. Vengeance and anger fueled every part of her body as she planted her foot firmly on one side of the bike. This was it, this was her moment of revenge. This was for everyone she had loved and had been taken away from her.

"Are you sure you don't want to ride with me?" Steve questioned, concern and uncertainty painting his face. "I'm not that bad at driving one of these things."

"I'll be fine Steven," she returned, almost rolling her eyes. She turned the key and just sat for a moment, listening to the purr of the engine. It was a solid machine and comfortable, engineered by Stark himself. "Ready?"

Steve nodded, ramming the gas pedal with his foot, leading the way while Ally followed close behind. Together, they sped through the roads, soaring past each other, trying to be the leader of the ride. Steve took a shoulder check, noticing that HYDRA was already on them. "We've got company."

Ally quickly checked behind her before riding up next to Steve. "Let's give them hell."

Her knee skimmed the ground as she took a sharp turn, turning her bike around to head straight for them. She grabbed the gun she vowed never to use and started shooting at them. The ones that passed her began to chase Steve but the one who stayed fell off their bikes one by one. She reached for her sword, keeping one hand on the handle as she turned her bike around and followed after Steve.

He was doing fine on his own, lighting the HYDRA men up in flames and using Stark's special gadgets to stop them from following him. Ally ended up beside him, nodding her head in praise as the two made it to the final base. Together, they went up the fence as if it were a ramp and landed firmly in the middle of multiple soldiers.

Steve raised his shield. "We'll take them together."

"Together."

She held back from using her gun again for as long as she could. She swung her sword at anyone who dared to come near her. Ally flung small daggers hidden on her belt into the chests of her opponents, sliding on her knees and slicing their backs from the behind.

Soon, they encircled her. At first, they looked unsurely at her because she was a girl, wielding a sword almost as sharp as her tongue. Then, one of them stepped towards her and by instinct, she grabbed his hand and bent it back to his chin, while punching him in the stomach at the same time. One grabbed her left arm and she whirled around to land one solidly on his jaw, right below his eye. Two of them managed to grab hold of her shoulders while another hit her in the stomach twice. Groaning out, she kicked one solidly in the ribs before pushing herself up and shooting the other two. Ally held her stomach as she looked upon the multiple men coming towards Steve and herself, they were surrounded.

They were shoved to their knees, stripped of their weapons before being led straight to Johann Schmidt. His ghastly red skull almost caused Ally to lean over and puke. However, she didn't, she remained stone-cold and calm.

"I'm sorry to have to treat such a pretty girl so poorly," he walked towards them. "Arrogance may not be a uniquely American trait, but I must say you do it better than anyone. But there are limits to what even you can do, Captain. Or did Erskine tell you otherwise?"

"He told me you were insane." Steve spat, not having any of it.

"Ah," Schmidt nodded, letting his fingers dance over Ally's cheeks. "He resented my genius and tried to deny me what was rightfully mine, but he gave you everything." he turned to Steve. "So, what made you so special?"

"Nothin'. I'm just a kid from Brooklyn." Steve told him honestly. Schmidt responded by nailing him in the stomach with his fist, over and over again until Ally screamed out. "I could do this all day."

"Oh, of course you can. Of course. Captain America and his leading lady the Alchemist must save the day!" Schmidt hissed, putting a gun to Steve's head. "But unfortunately I am on a tight schedule."

Just then, the windows of Schmidt's lair came down in a glassy mess and the SSR began to rapid fire at his henchmen. Schmidt dropped his sinister smile and took off running, leaving Steve and Ally behind. Steve slammed his elbow into his beholders stomach. "So am I!"

Falsworth came in through the window, tossing Ally and Steve their shield and sword. "Jones! Rogers! You two might need these!"

Steve caught his shield, yelling back to Falsworth. "Thanks!"

Ally ran ahead of Steve, pushing herself to catch Schmidt. More gunshots came their way but Ally remained untouched, her vibranium suit taking the bullet's impact. Schmidt ran past a set of doors which closed behind him. Steve swung his shield, stopping the doors from closing. Ally's eyes widened as another HYDRA soldier began to blast fire out of his gun. She jumped in front of Steve, pulling him to a shielded wall. "Are you hurt?"

"No," he shook his head. "Are you?"

"I'm fine." The HYDRA soldier dropped dead when Peggy came in with the rest of the SSR agents, including William and Jojo. Steve and Ally ran up to them, Ally embracing her family.

"You're late." Steve told Peggy as Ally pulled away from Jojo.

"Weren't you about to–"

"Right."

"Come on lover boy," Ally pulled Steve's arm. "This isn't over yet."

Out of breath, Ally and Steve came to the battlefield, gunshots and blue blasts lighting the area up like fireworks. Steve swung his shield as Ally looked for a way around, stalling as little as she could. "There!" she yelled, pointing at a rope. "The rope!"

Steve ran up to meet her, grabbing the rope with his right hand and holding onto Ally's waist with his left. He pushed off with one foot and they swung over the battlefield, immediately running after the plane Schmidt was trying to escape in. Unable to catch up with the plane, Ally screamed in frustration. "He's getting away!"

As if Peggy was right, in a seemingly dark time, one little flash of light could bring back a fire within a person. Phillips drove up to them in Schmidt's car. "Get in!" Ally swung her legs over, followed by Steve. Phillips rammed his foot on the gas and they drove down the runway. "Get ready."

Steve readied himself, balancing on the side as the car. Just when he is about to leap from the roadster onto Schmidt's plane, Peggy quickly grabbed him and kissed him. "Go get him."

He glanced at Ally who had a silly smile on her face and then at Phillips, who shook his head. "I'm not kissing you."

"Come on," Ally shouted, leaping off of the car and grabbing hold of the wheel of the plane, shortly followed by Steve. "We need to stop him or it's bye-bye Brooklyn."

Two of them managed to grab hold of her shoulders while another hit her in the stomach twice

Two of them managed to grab hold of her shoulders while another hit her in the stomach twice. Groaning out, she kicked one solidly in the ribs before pushing herself up and shooting the other two. Ally held her stomach as she looked upon the multiple men coming towards Steve and herself, they were surrounded.