31|SAFE AND SOUND

As soon as they boarded the plane, all of Schmidt's henchmen came tumbling down the stairs to the lower deck. Some even tried to take Ally and Steve on, but others tried to manually drive the bombs themselves. Throwing her sword into her nearest target and then pulling it out, Ally turned to Steve. "Go! Stop them! I'll hold everyone off for as long as I can."

Steve didn't object, he latched his shield onto his back and took off running towards the henchmen trying to escape. Ally watched quickly, proud of her best friend for doing what he was meant to do. That all stopped when someone came onto her back, bringing her to the ground. She dodged a punch at her face but wasn't quick enough to stop the foot rammed into her stomach. With the man's knee against her throat, she stretched out her fingers to reach her sword. In one swift movement, she grasped the handle and hit the man in the nose with it. He bent over but didn't fall. She stood up again, trying to gain her balance again before kicking someone in the gut, she pushed the others back and and they all went down. She hit the floor, wasting no time getting up. One was on all fours so she kicked at his chin and landed a hard one on his head. Another was up and ran at Ally to tackle her, she grabbed her gun from her holster and shot him. He fell to the ground with a loud thud.

Ally looked around to make sure she was alone before putting her gun away. She was a bloody mess now, nose smashed and eyes almost shut with swelling. Her arms wrapped round her gut like she was holding them in, but she was beaten so badly, she could be. She wobbled over to her sword and picked it up with one hand, sliding it back on her belt. "Steve?" she called out, unsure if he had finished his task like she did hers. "Captain Rogers?"

"I'm here," he called out, hanging from the side of the plane. "I need help."

"You got it," she jumped down from the lower deck to the hanger, sliding down to grab Steve's hand. "I got you," she told him, grabbing his hand and pulling him up. "Come on!"

"Keep your eyes open for Schmidt," Steve instructed. "He could be anywhere with the relic."

They came towards the cockpit of the plane, completely deserted and empty of Schmidt. Ally dropped low, as if trying to see if he'd appear from nowhere. Her eyes widened when she saw him come out with one of the rayguns. "Steve!"

Steve turned around and blocked the shot, causing Schmidt to cringe. "You don't give up, do you?"

"Nope!" Steve answered, running straight at Schmidt with his shield. Schmidt blocked the incoming attack, punching Steve in the jaw while he tried to attack from the ground. Schmidt began to recklessly kick Steve in the gut before Ally jumped in, kneeing Schmidt in the gut before he took her leg and threw her against the wall. Steve watched in horror before picking up his shield once more and using it against Schmidt. Schmidt grabbed hold of the shield and whipped it at Steve's face, causing Steve to stumble.

Ally pushed herself up and rubbed her head, almost finding it humorous how badly her body hurt. She regained her balance and took the gun from her holster, aiming it Schmidt. They were moving too quickly and she didn't have a clean shot so she resorted to joining the fight once more. She jumped onto Schmidt's back, causing them to crash down on the Tesseract. With all her might, she kicked her legs up and sent Schmidt flying into the control panel.

The plane immediately started crashing downwards and everyone was flung to the back of the plane. Desperate to regain the plane's stability, Schmidt grabbed hold of a piece of metal and pulled himself back to the panel before setting it on auto-pilot.

"You could have the power of the gods!" he shouted, pointing his gun at Steve and Ally. "Yet you wear a flag on your chest and think you fight a battle of nations," he aimed his gun at Ally. "And you, you are a girl!" Schmidt shot at them, causing them to duck down and look at each other bewilderedly. "I have seen the future," another shot. "There are no flags!"