Day 4: Talents Found

I woke up feeling refreshed and alive as I got a good night's sleep. I blush remembering the interaction with a certain Noah-it-all last night as he walked the dock of shame. I exit the cabin and hit the showers singing Pika boy a variation of "Pika Girl" before, during, and after the shower while my 3ds charged. As I step out I hear someone clap. I spin around and squeak as I see both Duncan and Cody standing there. "You have a great voice."

"Thanks." I say blushing and looking down at the ground. We then hear over the loudspeaker Chris's voice.

"Alright, campers, enough beauty sleep it's time to show us what you're made of." We head to an outdoor amphitheater. I sit next to Duncan while playing my game looking through the national pokedex memorizing it...again. I look over and see Cody trying to act like Trent then fall into the seat. I chuckle a bit as he tries to play it cool. He's trying to be cool for Gwen who is into Trent. I look away feeling a sting in my heart as I continue my memorization.

"Welcome to our brand new, deluxe, state-of-the-art outdoor amphitheater. Okay, this week's challenge is a camp favorite, a talent contest."

/"Did he say talent contest...I don't have a talent that most other people have." I look directly into the camera. "And singing is a common talent, plus I'm terrified to be on stage. All...eyes...on..." I gulp.\

"Each team has eight hours to pick their three most talented campers. These three will represent them in the show tonight. Sing, dance, Juggle. Anything goes as long as it's legal." He points to himself the Duncan in the "I'm watching you" signal. Duncan snaps his fingers making me shake my head laughing a bit. "You'll be judged by our resident talent scout, former DJ, VJ, and rap legend grand...master chef who will show his approval via the chef-o-meter. The team that loses will send one camper home tonight. Good luck." We head back to the camp grounds and I head to the cabin.

"Wait we have to decide who's going to compete." Courtney says grabbing my wrist. I look at her.

"I-i don't th-think I-I'm ne-needed for that." I say shaking her off and heading into the cabin. After a minute of silence, I start to rap the pokedex starting with gen 1 all the way to gen 6. I then hear the door open and I spin to see DJ, Duncan, Herold, and Geoff enter.

"What were you doing in here?" Duncan asks as the others went to their bunks and prepared for later. I shake my head and exit the room heading into the forest to see Gwen and Cody. I head over and sit where Gwen was sitting as she left.

"She's just playing hard it get." He says as he get's up and follows her not realizing I was there. Ow why didn't he notice me? I think as I look up and feel tears nearly fall from my eyes. I shake my head as I get up and head back to the amphitheater. I see Courtney crying over a broken violin.

"W-what did I miss?" I ask my group.

"Well Bridgette destroyed Courtney's violin and is taking her place on the list." DJ says filling me in as I see the outfit he's in. "It's for the ribbon dance I'm doing." He says seeing the look I gave him. I nod as I go and sit next to Duncan. He smiles at me as I blush and look at the stage.

"It's the T.D.I. talent extravaganza!" Chris says as he walks on the stage. I look up to see the stars are out. Wow night came fast. "Welcome to the first ever camp Wawanakwa talent contest, where six campers will show case their mad skills and desperately try not to humiliate themselves. First up for the Screaming Gophers is Justin." His team cheers as Justin then walks on stage and poses like he's at a photo shoot and flaunts his stuff making me blush and look away when he ends with a wink to me. "Okay, I don't know what that was, but dang you got some moves dude." His team cheers for him. "First up for the Killer bass, make some noise for the big guy, DJ." We clap for him as he does well till the ribbon gets caught on his ankles. He then makes a semi-good attempt at saving himself but fails at it. "Dainty and yet masculine. Let's see what grandmaster chef thinks." We get a two out of nine. "Not much, so with two down and four acts to go it's the Screaming Gophers screaming ahead. Next on deck...Trent. Take it away, my bro." I listen to Trent's love song to most likely Gwen and sigh at the words. I feel daggers looking at me then they fade. I shrug and close my eyes. When he finished we clapped. "Nice work, I'm liking your style, dude, and so does grandmaster Chef." Trent then sits there and waves as Chris gets slightly annoyed. "All right, quit hogging my light buddy." He says pushing him off stage I chuckle a bit at the act. "Three down and three to go, and the Killer bass are totally sucking so far." He says with a smile "Let's hear it for Bridgette." We all clap for her. You can do it. She comes out doing a handstand then burps. Oh no I know what that means. I get up and hide behind the benches knowing what's coming next. Duncan looks at me as I wave him over.