Day 17: Bike It Or Lose It

Everyone was outside enjoying some fun in the sun, but I decided to stay inside as precaution towards my skin.

/"My mom says too much UV rays can kill your skin that's why I prefer the night and shades of the trees."\

I exit the confessional and see the guys.

"You all good?" Duncan asked a shine of concern in his eyes. I nod with a simple smile.

"Morning, campers. Your next challenge awaits you at the arts-and-crafts center." Chris says over the loud speaker. We all looked at each other then headed towards the center. We saw the shack and it looked run down and old. "Welcome to the arts-and-crafts center."

"More like arts-and-crap center." Duncan says as I sat on a picnic table.

"Yeah...it used to be an outhouse, but now it's where Chef parks his road hog." Me and the rest of the guys fawn over the motorcycle. "Which brings us to your challenge...building your own wheels." He says making me smile as Owen cheered greatly.

/"When I was a kid I had a bike...I took it apart and put it back together with ease and it worked better then before...I still use it today." I blushed remembering my pure blue bike at home.\

"You'll find all the parts you need in our bike depot." Owen again cheered but less enthusiastic. "Once you collected the basics, trick them out any way you want using props from the arts-and-crafts center. Best design wins." He then rides off, but stops. "And to prove I'm a nice guy, I'm even throwing a bike manual." Heather catches it and notices it's fuzzy as I head to the heap. I grab what I need and head to the shade getting a bit delirious. I shake my head and get to work on my bike. I enter the shack and grab some black paint and real tires.

It was fun and easy as I look over at the others and see Dj ready for a medieval showdown. "Campers, time to judge your bikes. Put your pedal to the metal and meet me at the craft center." I take my bike and smile down at its sleek black look with red here and there. "Well, campers, we gave you the parts. Let's see what you came up with." He started down the line. I had to dip into the shade of the tree behind me to ensure that I didn't pass out. He came to my bike as I gave him a weak smile he looked concerned. "Nice work, it's dark and mysterious." He then moved along as I slipped back under the tree. "We're going to race this babies...hehe...hard." Heather then went up and opened up her mouth, but I blocked her out. "Yeah, unfortunately, you won't be riding it, Heather. You'll be switching bikes. Yeah, cruel twist huh? Alrighty then see you all at the beach." I ride my bike down to the beach and closed my eyes as a headache was forming. I stand with the others as Dj looks at me.

"Are you okay?" His voice was filled with concern.

"Y-yeah just a bit delirious from the sun...I'm not used to this much UV rays." I giggle a bit as Chris started talking.

"Okay, here's how it works. Everyone will pick a name out of the helmet to see whose bike you're riding. If your bike makes it across the finish line, then you get to ride it in the final round for invincibility." I look at my card to see I got Gwens bike. "Now before we begin...has anyone seen Leshawna or Izzy?" We shake our heads then mount the bikes. "Okay, racers. On your marks, get set...paramedics on standby...and drag!" We speed off.

/"Okay it takes me awhile to get used to sunlight, my forest runs help, but I couldn't since the others were up, so I stayed inside and now I'm slowly getting used to the sun." I sighed and rubbed my head.\

I soon closed my eyes then felt myself hit the ground. I was awoken by the shaking of my shoulders and saw Chris. "You're racing...can you race?" I get up and nod feeling better. We then line up. "Campers, welcome to the motocross challenge! Using your own bikes, you'll race the course, avoiding hidden pitfalls. Cue the deathtraps! There's dodging the land mines, maneuvering through the oil slick, and finally, jumping the piranhas." I look at him like he's trying to kill us all. "Oh, and one more thing, first one to cross wins invincibility. Last one to cross gets voted off the island. No bonfire, do not pass go, do not collect a marshmallow." I gasp at this and look at the others as Duncan gives me a thumbs up. I look and see poor Lindsay being hypnotized by Heather. "Racers, take your position..." I get ready as my eyes glistened gold. "And go!" We were off I got through the mines by staying in the back, same with the oil slick as Lindsay cleared a path. Duncan and Owen both wiped out and I pressed hard to jump over the pond...and Lindsay, but stopped to help her up as I crossed the line second to...Heather. "And we have our winner...Heather." Most of the others groaned as Lindsay flashes me a smile before going to congratulate Heather.

"We did it...we're safe." Lindsay said as I bit my lip knowing the truth.

"That's not exactly true...Heather is safe because her bike crossed the line first, with Kaylub second, but since Duncan and Owen wiped out and didn't complete the race, they technically didn't cross the line at all, which makes you the last to cross the line, which means it's "dock of shame" time, baby." I look over to Lindsay who looked highly confused.

"Okay, I'm so confused."

"It means I can't save you...unless I give you my invincibility, but I can't do that...too risky. You understand," I let a small growl escape my throat.

"But I won. I even built your bike." Lindsay says as Heather giggled.

"I don't know what she's talking about. You should just leave with your dignity intact. It will make you seem much more cuter in the instant replays." I gasp as I see Duncan standing next to me.

"But we were going to the final three together."

"Guess we're not."

"Aren't you even sad? We're BFFs."

"Yeah, for the contest. I mean it's not like we're going to be best friends for life or anything." Lindsay gasps as I growled more.

"I can't believe you just said that, but we pinky-swore. You mean I've been helping you all this time, and you didn't even like me?" I could hear the anger in her voice.

"Uh truth?" Lindsay nodded. "Not really, no." Lindsay gasps again as I glare at her. "What? We're not here to make friends. We're here to become celebrities, remember?" I'm pretty sure everyone is glaring at her.

"Ooo, that's cold, brah." Duncan said. Heather scoffs.

"Oh, like you're such a team player with your pet by your side. Plus all you do is go around scaring the crap out of everyone." I blink hoping she's not referring to me.

/"I...am not...a...pet!"\

"At least I'm straight with people, and Kaylub isn't a pet." He said defending me.

"Whatever, I have invincibility. No one can touch me." She then walks away.

"This week." Gwen says from above. I nod.

"You really are mean!" Lindsay said causing Heather to stop. "And all that bad stuff people say about you is true, like how you're a two-faced, backstabbing, lying, little," Duncan then covered my ears as I look at him his eyes widened as I whimpered a bit. He then removed them. "I always told them they were wrong. I stood up for you because I thought we were BFFs, but they're right! You really are a two-faced, backstabbing, lying, little" my ears are covered again as I look at Chris who's smiling. "And guess what? I don't want to be BFFs anymore. I'd rather spend the day staring at Owens butt, then to go shopping with you, and P.S., your shoes are tacky." Heather gasps. We all cheer for Lindsay or laugh.

"Oh, go jump into the piranha pool." She walks away as Leshawna and Izzy come out of nowhere and land in the lake. We all wait at the  dock for her to come. She says goodbye to everyone then stops in front of me.

"Good bye Kaylub, you really should win this." I smile and give her a hug. Owen does the same except he cries and holds on to her tightly. We all wave her off.

/"Heather is soooo going down." I say my eyes glistening dangerously gold.\

I go to bed with a smile on my face as I know karma is coming for her.