Day 11: Military Pain

I woke up and felt arms around me, again, as I looked up at Duncan's sleeping face. I smile as I kiss his cheek. I manage to slip out of his arms as he wakes up. "Dude it's four in the morning lay back down." He whined as I just rolled my eyes.

"This is my every day. I told you this." I say as I slip out of his grip and grabbed my stuff and took a shower. I head for my usual walk/tree hops in the woods. I return to see everyone up. As Herold walks out, I see a underwear s'more in his hands. "Duncan that's just wrong." I say as I stand next to him. He rolls his eyes.

"I don't need a lecture Courtney." He says as my eyes widen. He did not just call me her...time for a lesson. I look at Herold and walk over to him.

"Can I borrow one I'll clean it off afterwards." He nods as I take on and sling shot it at Duncan as It lands on his shirt smearing chocolate over it. I smirk as I take the underwear and go to the river cleaning them off as I return. "Here you go Herold."

"Thank you...Idiots," He says glaring at Geoff and Duncan.

/"Ever since the blind trapeze I spent more time with Harold...and he's a cool guy...plus he knows somethings about Pokemon and he likes the way I play." I smile. "Duncan should lay off him for a while let him get a breather from the bullying and Geoff isn't cool to bully others. Speaking of Duncan, me and him, we sleep in the same bed since he always grabs me as I try to get to my bed. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to feel safe and protected." I blush and hug myself.\

"Listen up, you little cockroaches. I want all campers to report to the dock of shame at 0900 hours...That means now, soldiers. Now, " Chef says. That's military time for nine o-clock. I think as I hurry to the dock and stand at attention. He nods in approval. I see the other campers come as I stay in formation Duncan next to me.

"What's up with the stance?" He asked as I didn't reply as Chef starts to speak again.

/"I was sent to military school by my mom's ex-husband. I was in there for a year before mom realized I was there. They didn't cut my hair so that's a plus, and I got some discipline and strengthened my skills. My mom was so mad that they got divorced the next day." I chuckle remembering how her hair caught on fire.\

"Line up and stand at attention...you call this proper formation?" He then walks down the line. "Feet together, arms down, eyes forward, head up." He then hits Herold a couple times to fix his mistakes. Duncan looks at me as I look forward not making eye contact with anyone and keeping all emotion drawn from my face...just like they taught me. I smile in my head at the memories not all that bad there. "What did you say to me soldier?" He asked Gwen.

"Um, nothing," she said slightly scared.

"And you will continue to say nothing until I tell you that you can say something." He then walks away from her. "Today's challenge will not be an easy one. In fact, I don't expect everyone to come out alive." Owen laughs then get's hit.

"Ow, that hurts" I shake my head then return to formation.

"My orders are to make sure all the babies in front of me drop out of my boot camp except one. The last one standing wins immunity for their team." He said walking down the line. "Rule number one, you will address me as Master Chief. Have you got that?"

"Yes, Master Chief," we all reply.

"You will sleep when I tell you to sleep, and you will eat only when I tell you to eat. Is that clear?" He says his megaphone in my face.

"Yes, Master Chief," I replied in a tone of certainty.

"Rule number two, when you're ready to give up, you will walk to the end of the dock and ring the bell." We look at the bell. "Which brings me to rule number three, let's get one quitter before the end of the first day. That day will not end until someone drops out. Now get your butts down to the beach, soldiers. Now, Now, Now." I run down to the beach and stand with Duncan.