Day 10: Trust Is A Must

I woke up and did my usual routine. I smiled and held my Victini plush as I played Pokemon White. I decided to skip breakfast since Heather was trying to get into my inner circle and she was scaring me. I ate a bag of M and M's and drank some milk that I took from Chef earlier or he gave to me since he was sitting there looking at me. Soon it was challenge time as I put my stuff on my bed. We were on the dock as I stood to the right of Duncan. He winked at me as I blushed.

/"Okay so I've been spending a lot of time with Duncan and avoiding Heather. DJ thinks I'm crushing hard on him...and I think he's right. Since I'm new to this whole "love" thing I want him to make the first move, and he'll have to guide me since I'm like a newborn pup in the world of love...long and sad story...that I don't want to get into." I look away from the camera as a tear escapes my eye.\

"So, last week's challenge exposed a few Gopher issues, and I'm sensing a little something funky floating in the Bass pond, too." Duncan elbows Courtney, and she pushes him down. I snicker and bit my lip trying so hard not to laugh. He looks at me as I help him up.

"I was trying to elbow you." He says as he stands on my right side away from Courtney who was shooting daggers at him.

"So this week's challenge is gonna be centered around building trust. Because all good things begin with a little trust. there will be three major challenges that will have to be completed by two or more members of your team. Normally we like to have the campers choose their partners, but not this time. More fun for me." I gulp looking at Duncan. We head to a cliff.

"Okay, so for the first challenge, you'll be doing an extreme free hand, rock climbing adventure. Kaylub and Duncan will play for the Bass." I smile at him as he winks. "Heather and Gwen for the Gophers. Here's your belay and harness."

"Hey what's your damage?!" Gwen asked as the stuff was taken from her.

"If you think I'm letting you hold me up...you're crazy."

"You won't be holding her up, exactly. One camper pulls the slack through the belay as the partner climbs. If the climber falls the belay will stop them from crashing. The catch? Both the side and the base of the mountain are rigged with a few minor distractions like...rusty nails, slippery oil slicks, mild explosives, and a few other surprises. The person on belay must also harness their partner up." I blush a dark red. "It's all about trust people, and remember never let go of the rope. Your partner's life depends on it." I look a Duncan who's just holding the belay. I gulp.

"Excuse me, can we trade partners? I really don't feel like being dropped on my head today." Gwen says. Oh, so they're going to be like that all day...it's going to be a long day.

"Please. As much as I love your company, I'm not going to throw a challenge just to kill you, yet. Now spread 'em." Heather and Gwen start hooking up as Duncan does the same, yet he lingers on my legs and is in constant contact with my body.

"You good?" He asks as I look down at him. I nod rapidly, with a blush on, as he smirks and chuckles a bit. "Okay, just remember I got you, and I won't let you fall." He says in my ear, as we finish, him giving a last tug to the harness to make sure it doesn't fall off my slim frame. 

We start climbing as I swiftly dodged stuff and mapped my path. I see Gwen near me as I get hit by a minor explosive making me fall behind. Gwen also gets hit and falls to the ground. I hope she's okay. Gwen was ahead of me again as I was stuck. "Come on, Gwen, you don't want to fall behind." Heather said as I was blinded by some fabric. I pull it off to see Gwen's purple with a pink skull on the left cheeks. I shrug and hand it back to her as I fall due to a slippery rock. Duncan rushes over and catches me as Gwen reaches the top.